Premed 101 Forums

Calgary Waitlist 2021-2022 Support Thread

8 minutes ago, OSRmedhopeful said:

The problem with our speculations is that do we know that the second wave hasn’t come yet? By this time, based on previous posts here, rolling offers starting going out. On top of that, people just aren’t posting anymore.

The people that got offers on Wednesday this week have until next Monday, June 6 to accept/decline their offer. Something just doesn’t seem right 

Yeah-- it is really tough to gauge anything right now. I think the few offers that were given out on the 31st might have been for different streams (I only have found two people that said they got offers, one here, another on a website beginning with R, which has a premedcanada forum). This makes me think that the second wave hasn't come out yet, but you're right, it may be rolling offers at this point. 

I am trying to keep my hope up, as they typically move through about 100 people on the waitlist, and at this point it doesn't seem like there has been that extent of movement. If there is similar movement this year compared to last, we should be looking at a nearly 80% movement (decreased WL spots, increased seats, etc). 

Right now, I am honestly just really sad, and waiting for any update. It's a really hard process, and I am just feeling super demoralized.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better."

I'm here for anyone if you want to chat, vent, etc. 

1 minute ago, bootsandcats said:

Yeah-- it is really tough to gauge anything right now. I think the few offers that were given out on the 31st might have been for different streams (I only have found two people that said they got offers, one here, another on a website beginning with R, which has a premedcanada forum). This makes me think that the second wave hasn't come out yet, but you're right, it may be rolling offers at this point. 

I am trying to keep my hope up, as they typically move through about 100 people on the waitlist, and at this point it doesn't seem like there has been that extent of movement. If there is similar movement this year compared to last, we should be looking at a nearly 80% movement (decreased WL spots, increased seats, etc). 

Right now, I am honestly just really sad, and waiting for any update. It's a really hard process, and I am just feeling super demoralized.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better."

I'm here for anyone if you want to chat, vent, etc. 

same feeling. i can't even articulate it, i'm just so tired. 

A bit of a late post but have been caught up with everything!

I got accepted as an OOP off the WL (planning to accept) on May 31, 4:08pm Calgary time. The deadline for my response is June 6th.

I'm pretty new to the application process myself so can't speculate but hope this information helps a bit.

Good luck everyone!!

Just so you guys have a rough idea of numbers, the class of 2025 facebook group has 131 members (two of which are admins). Considering that 150 "new" seats were put out this year, that would leave a hypothetical 21 seats. The true class size is likely a little bit bigger than the 150 Remo put in his last blog post since some students who deferred previous years or are in LIM and finished their graduate degrees will also be starting this year (correct me if i'm wrong on this front). I'm sure not everyone given an offer will join the FB group too. 

I know how hard this process is to go through. The thought of having to put another application in/contact verifiers/references made me seriously consider other career options. Keep hope, I know someone who was accepted a few days before classes started. You have all worked so hard to get to this point and will do amazing things in life regardless of the outcome this year!! 

6 minutes ago, DoctorSquared said:

Just so you guys have a rough idea of numbers, the class of 2025 facebook group has 131 members (two of which are admins). Considering that 150 "new" seats were put out this year, that would leave a hypothetical 21 seats. The true class size is likely a little bit bigger than the 150 Remo put in his last blog post since some students who deferred previous years or are in LIM and finished their graduate degrees will also be starting this year (correct me if i'm wrong on this front). I'm sure not everyone given an offer will join the FB group too. 

I know how hard this process is to go through. The thought of having to put another application in/contact verifiers/references made me seriously consider other career options. Keep hope, I know someone who was accepted a few days before classes started. You have all worked so hard to get to this point and will do amazing things in life regardless of the outcome this year!! 

Thank you for letting us know and your kind words! I have heard a lot of upper years also join the current FB group in order to make connections and help out! Let's hope there will still be lots of movement. 

Thank you for sharing, and congrats to both of you. 

10 minutes ago, bootsandcats said:

Thank you for letting us know and your kind words! I have heard a lot of upper years also join the current FB group in order to make connections and help out! Let's hope there will still be lots of movement. 

Thank you for sharing, and congrats to both of you. 

There are actually 2 facebook groups! One for all med students (Classes 2023-2025) and then the specific one for our year. The one I cited is just for the class of 2025. 

Thank you! Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to hear!

1 hour ago, beep said:

Does anyone have any updates? The blog hasn't been updated since the initial wave and based on previous years they usually give more updates. Feeling very in the dark right now...

I know what you mean. At this point I'm just waiting for the class is full email.

1 hour ago, OSRmedhopeful said:

According to a poll on the other site, 9 people got offers today. Instinctively, I don’t believe these numbers as no one has posted anything. Everything being so quiet is def not helping 

What other site?

1 hour ago, BoBandanaBoat said:

Hey! I am one of the people who responded to the poll 

Result: Accepted off the waitlist (June 6th 11:40am MST)

Geography: OOP

GPA: 3.90

MCAT: 519 - 129/128/132/130

Degree: BSc 2022

Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, are you planning on accepting?