Premed 101 Forums

Masters and Dentistry

Guest qw1222

I am thinking about starting masters in Jan....but i have applied to Toronto and Western dentist programs. Because I am doing masters in Jan would the university not even look at my profile. I think i will drop my masters if i get accepted?

Guest Adversary

Well, here's the thing. Dental schools actually state you have to complete your masters/PhD by June of the year of entry into Dental school. However, I have heard of people not completing their masters attending Dental/Medical schools. My suggestion is to take the safe route and not accept the masters program till you are sure you cannot get into Dental school. There's no point getting in only to be disqualified.

Will they know i have registered for a Master's program? I am hoping they dont. Because I am registering in Jan to start my Masters...does anyone know if they check after they get their intial submission? I am hoping they dont check, because I have not stated in my application that I am in a masters program (Which i am not, atleast not Jan!)

Guest no fUTure

about the masters and dentistry, both western and toronto won't accept you if you're enrolled in a graduate program.

My dentist was telling me that back in the day, his friend got into to Western while he was doing grad work at UT (or was it the other way around? whatever) but anyways, UofT wouldn't let him leave... so he sued U of T and he won. So that's probably why they have those rules in place now. ... yeah, go blame that guy.

Archived