Premed 101 Forums

KAPLAN COURSE - is it worth it for $1000?

Guest terencemenezes

Guest terencemenezes

Has anyone taken the DAT kaplan in class/ online course which costs $900/ $1000US

let me know if it is worth it

also i cannot register for it online anymore - does anyone know if i can register for it in person at UWO?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr VoraDDS almost

I know some people who have taken this course and been disappointed. I think they are a US company and should keep their stuff to the US or make a PROPER Canadian DAT course.

I took a Course by the U of A Dental students and they knew what they were talking about. And I didn't need a student loan to take their course (only $175 I think)

Guest Bigheadbebe

I know that if you live in Toronto and Montreal, there are classes being offered by the DAT Tutor group. They focus heavily on carving and perceptual ability. Why spend $1000 bucks on Kaplan? They mainly give you the books for you to study (but you can buy the books from bookstore anyway!!!) Just visit the main campus in your school and you should be able to find their posters.

Guest spartacus1212

interesting, most people are anti-kaplan. I'm actually taking this course right now. They do seem rather unprofessional and somewhat disorganized. I would say the level of teaching is average...I'm sure some of us could do a better job...nonetheless, the online module is not bad...and they do give you material that, if done in full, will nearly guarantee that you do pretty good on the DAT...that being said, I'm sure if you have the time, and are keen enough you could collect all this material and do your own studying and do just as well. But for those who are working full time, and need a little extra kick in the pants to study, and don't have time to gather up all the relevant material it may be worthwhile taking. In retrospect, is it worth 1000...I suppose I'll find out if I get into any schools...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spartacus1212

update: would not recommend. Instructors are not very good - make frequent mistakes and their tests and review problems contain quite a few errors!! Don't waste you money!

Archived