Premed 101 Forums

DAT question weighting?

Guest shesallDAT

Guest shesallDAT

Hey,

I have a friend in dental school who told me that all the DAT questions are weighted equally, so on the test we shouldn't worry as much about the hard ones. Does anybody know if this is true? What strategy are people going to take?

Shouldn't worry as much about the hard ones? What do you mean?

There isn't a huge range in difficulty between questions on the test. I don't remember seeing any questions that I thought were much harder than any of the others.

Are you suggesting that if you think a questions is difficult you're not going to bother to try and answer it because its only worth a single mark? That single mark could be what you need to get into dentistry. Give each question your best shot.

Guest shesallDAT

Hey,

No, I didn't mean don't try to answer it... I guess I was just referring to that general mult-choice strategy of doing the "easy" ones first, and leaving the hard ones for later.... Better to get two questions right and miss a hard one than one hard one correct and two others wrong, right? That's kind of what I was getting at. Just wondered if anyone knew whether all the questions have the same weighting, I assume they do? Otherwise, the above strategy wouldn't work very well!

I would suggest answering all the questions the best you can sequentially, and marking the ones you are unsure about. Then, if you have time at the end, go back and take a second look at the questions you marked to see if you want to change your answer.

Have you tried a timed trial with a set of questions you haven't seen before? Try it. You'll see that you need to set a quick pace to get through all the questions, especially the perceptual and reading sections.

http://www.rockthedat.com

Archived