Premed 101 Forums

Need your advice...

Guest igores07

Guest igores07

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well.

I'll become a permanent resident of Canada next year and I'm currently studying dentistry in Europe (2nd. year). I would like to apply to Canadian dental schools.

I've already did contact some of them (UofT and UWO) and they said that I would be able to apply to their dental program but first they will evaluate my credentials and also I have to take the DAT and complete the other requirements needed for dental school.

Here is my question: Do you think that it would be possible to enter the 2nd. year of dentistry at UofT or UWO?

And, can someone study dentistry at UofT or UWO in 3 years? (maybe by studying in summers...I would like to finish as soon as possible)

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Good luck to all of you

Guest Dent08

www.fmd.uwo.ca/dentistry/...s_yr2.html

At UWO they either accept ...

Second Year Dental Admissions - Transfer Students from other Canadian dental schools. They only accept students if there is a vacancy from someone dropping out.

www.fmd.uwo.ca/dentistry/...Jan_05.pdf

or ...

International Dental Students who have completed their dental degree in another country but want to practice in Canada.

You might want to check back with these schools because it looks like they are saying you are welcome to write the DAT and apply to the school to start as a first year student.

No you can't do a 4 year Dentistry program in 3 years.

Archived