Premed 101 Forums

Vacation Time??

Guest OldSkooler

Guest OldSkooler

Anyone headed on a vacation before school hits?

I am headed to Cuba but have yet to book a package. I have a couple that I am leaning towards but am waiting for my friends to firm-up when they are free.

Has anyone ever been to Varadero, Cuba?

If so, any reccomendations/tips?

Cheers.

Guest Tonick

Get a 4 star hotel or higher, it's a must if u want to have any sort of decent food. For Varadero I recommend the Beaches Varadero resort, the Barcelo Solymar, or the Villa Cuba. I've had friends that have stayed in all the above and they all had a great time.

have a good one!

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

Bahia Principe is not bad either. 5 star. Stick with 5 star resorts if you can afford. 4 star not bad. Food will be decent, few places have good food but most is @#%$. CAn tell you that if you like girls they are very easy.

Guest OldSkooler

We are def hitting a 4* or better. We are leaning towards Playa De Oro or Brisas De Caribe.

I went to Cancun last summer (stayed at Oasis Cancun) and it was just crazy! Everyday we woke up with a buzz from jamming the night before.

More relaxing this year and some jubbies be reaching with us so I am not too worried about mingling.

Thanks for the insight.....the more the better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest medchic

I went to Brisas Del CAribe and the entertainment group is really good and outgoing and take you to clubs etc. The food is ok ...the people are really nice...try to get a room with a view or on the beach cause they have more than one building..one where the hotel is right on the beach and another one that isn't..Best thing about this place is that the all inclusive package includes 2 cruises (one night and one day one)- one of the cruises takes you to an island that has free horse back riding and bull riding (it's really tame) ......and there's also free scuba diving (lessons too) and 2 sit down restaurant dinners -for all of the above...BOOK EARLY (right next to the reception desk as soon as you check in to ensure you get spots...it's first come first serve).

Guest OldSkooler

Thanks peeps for the info.

Though, we are headed to Las Vegas instead, 5 nights.

Cuba is 'penciled' in for next summer.

Anyone go/going somewhere this summer?

Archived