Premed 101 Forums

housing in London....

Guest jughead09

Guest jughead09

Hey guys

Just wondering.....do you plan to sign a 12 month lease or a 9-10 month one? I'm not sure if I want to stay in London all year or go home for the summer.

Whoo hoo! We're going to UWO:D

Guest arghh

hey jughead

i am signing a 9 month lease tomorrow, bc i believe schools sept-may

that way i can go home if i want, or resign if i really like the place, without spending money on months i won;t be there

Guest uwodent09

arrgh,

How did you get anybody to agree to letting you sign only a 9 month lease? Everyone who I have talked to wants me to sign for 12 months.

Guest arghh

it was my friend that did the talking

our agent showed us another place in downtown too that was available for a short lease, its a two bedroom apt on queens her name was pat but and my roomate has her number i can get it if u still need a place and its 1050 a month

Guest uwodent09

Could you give me the name and contact of your agent? I'm going to London on Thursday and I want to view a couple places and hopefully sign something. Thanks dude.

Guest nilooo

Hi Shakur,

I am just wondering aren't all the residence rooms full? because I called them and they told be you have to be on waiting list untill August and the lady that I spoke to told me that she wasn't sure if I would be able to get a room!!

Guest arghh

her name is Pat and her number is 519 701 0958

shes really nice and sorry i was mistaken im on a 10 month lease not 9

anddddddddd the apt is a 2 bedroom on queen in downtown

Guest spencer100

Hey guys,

Try to get into the university owned apartment buildings. I live in Bayfield Hall which has one bedroom apartments but then there is also three apartment buildings that are two bedroom. Rent is a lot cheaper than most places in London. Also, it is literally a 2 minute walk across the road from the Dental Sciences building. Go to the University Housing Site to sign up to try to get a place.

By the way I'm going to UWO Dental starting in September.

Guest DreamCatcher

Hey Spencer,

It is amazing! How did you get your room in Bayfield?

According to the website, "all applicants for Bayfield Hall must be registered as FULL-TIME third, fourth year or graduate students at UWO during their occupancy.", so I don't think as 1st year dent, we will be eligible to apply:(

DC

Guest belledentiste

Hey Dreamcatcher,

Do you already have a place? 'Cause I'm also trying to look for a roomate! I've been having a lot of bad luck looking for places in london.....

a. A couple sharing a room in a 2 BD apt.

b. A middle-aged woman living with her 6 year-old-son in Masonville

c. A person who only wants to sign a month-to-month lease, i.e. I can be kicked out for any reason.

Can somebody help this homeless student? Thanks.

Guest belledentiste

I did..... and I've been very unsuccessful this weekend. It was horrible!!! do you know when Bayfield Hall starts picking students from the lottery?

Guest spencer100

Hey DreamCatcher,

I have been living in Bayfield for my third and fourth years of undergrad. I will talk to my landlord about Dental and Med students living in Bayfield. I am 99% positive that we would count as "Grad". I hope I don't have to move out.

Guest nilooo

Hi every one, if there is anyone looking for a place I saw this place last week and it was pretty good, I post the info here if any one want to go and see it. I got the info from Trish.

ROOM FOR RENT AT RICHMOND MANOR

This beautiful 4 bedroom condominium is located in the prime Masonville area. The 4 bedroom house is 3 stories. On the first floor is the first but unfortunately already snagged bedroom. On the second story you will find the large bright kitchen, 2 piece bathroom, laundry facilities, dining room, and very large bright family room with fireplace and entrance to the enclosed deck overlooking the patio below. On the third floor are the remaining 3 bedrooms. The available room is 11’x10’ and gets tones of sunlight in the afternoons. The bathroom is shared with one other person. Rent is $365/month. This house has both air-conditioning, central vac, gas heating, and parking.

Richmond Manor is less than 10 mins walk to University Hospital, 10 mins walk to Masonville mall, and is directly on the bus route. It is also a 1.5min drive to University Hospital, 8min drive to St. Joes Hospital, 10-15min drive to South Street Hospital and less than 20min drive to Westminister Campus Hospital. Furthermore, the house is 5 mins drive/bus to the grocery store, movie theatre, and video store. (Clearly a great location).

The other people living in the house are 1 first year medical resident, 1 second year dentistry student, & 1 second year medical student. We are pleasant & tidy. All of us are female and would prefer to live a 4th female. Please contact me to see this great place at liyer@uwo.ca or (519) 476-7703.

Guest DreamCatcher

Hi belledentiste,

No, I actually haven't found a place to live in London yet:(

Sorry to hear your bad app't hunting experience, but don't be disappointed though, keep looking and I am pretty sure you'll find a right place:)

At least you are in a better position than I am, I assume you're in London right now, I am still in Calgary:( :( I'll be looking without actually seeing the place:(

Good luck and see you soon~

DC

Guest spencer100

Hey DreamCatcher,

I talked to my landlord and yes Dental and Med students can apply to live at the on-campus apartments but unfortunately all of the available apartments have been filled already.

Guest DreamCatcher

Anyone out there still looking for a place to live in London?

I found a very nice one:)

If you would like more information on it please PM me.

Cheers~

DC

Archived