Premed 101 Forums

Timeline for paying off any debt

Guest dentforsure

Guest dentforsure

I remember going to ubc's scotia bank tour once. It says it takes an average of 4-5 years to pay off undergrad student loans. Assuming that's a $120000 debt + interest.

So...by that time...most of us are around 30 yrs old...then it comes to opening up a practice...that's prolly gonna take even longer to pay off...and mortage...

what do you guys think?

Guest Dent08

... and then there are car payments ... and then you have to save for your kids to go to university ... etc.

Ever seen a dentist begging for money in the street? Unless your last name is Hilton, you're probably going to have to rely on debt financing to get thru life. Don't worry about it. Dentists have a reputation for making a good living. :)

Some graduates will associate longer than others. Some will start new practices, some will buy established practices, some will go back to school to specialize. There is no set formula.

Guest slysniper

I totally know what you mean "dentforsure". This is something I have been wondering about too. Man, talk about all the loans a newly graduate dentist has to pay off: student loan+business loan+morgage+wife's plastic surgries (ok, I made the last one up). But, man, I seriously wonder how they do it.

Guest Mr Shakur

Yo... Fasho... I was at the same Scotia Meeting at UBC, they said that most dentists are usually completely out of debt in about 7-10 years. Hope that helps. Well.. back to partying...:smokin

Archived