Premed 101 Forums

Should I retake the MCAT? (Regrets after interview)

I received regrets after interview for my first cycle at UBC and I'm just debating if it's worthwhile to re-take the MCAT. I only applied to UBC given my CARS score. As well my GPA doesn't really convert well so I figured Ontario schools were out of the picture. My stats are below:

AGPA: 83.5% (Grades did not covert well. However, my AGPA for the next cycle will be 84.7%)

Interview: Average

NAQ: 75th - 100th percentile

MCAT: 511 (127/124/130/130) - First attempt

I just finished my BSc and now I'm looking for full time work. I'm not sure if going back to do a second undergrad is a feasible option.

Thanks for your input and congrats to everyone who got in.

IMO yes, if you can write it and get 517+! It would definitely increases your chances to make up for the lower than average GPA- coming from someone who was waitlisted twice previously with below average GPA and MCAT but above average interview and NAQ (75-100). I kept working on my application but more for progress in other career and got in this year with 86% gpa (non-science 1 year course based based helped with this!) and 518 MCAT.