Premed 101 Forums

I have a 91.2% with a 507 MCAT, 75-100 NAQ score and average interview. I got rejected this year. I don’t wish to write my MCAT again so in this case would getting an ‘above average’ interview enough to get an acceptance next year? 

Is there anyone who got in with similar stats as me or with a low MCAT? 

6 minutes ago, dream2000 said:

I have a 91.2% with a 507 MCAT, 75-100 NAQ score and average interview. I got rejected this year. I don’t wish to write my MCAT again so in this case would getting an ‘above average’ interview enough to get an acceptance next year? 

Is there anyone who got in with similar stats as me or with a low MCAT? 

The answer is going to be maybe! There are some people who posted with a similar MCAT (506-508) and lower GPA (~88%) with above average interviews who got rejected. Seeing as how you were rejected without even a waitlist with an average interview, even if you get above average, I would assume you need a score near the top of the interviews to get an acceptance. So it is possible, but it all depends on how well your interview goes. I know what you mean by not wanting to rewrite the MCAT again, I wrote it twice and hated myself for it. But, to be realistic, sometime you just have to bite the bullet, especially if you know that med is your passion considering how UBC seemingly weights the MCAT pretty heavily post interview.