Premed 101 Forums

Hello everyone! 

I am a registered PT in Ontario, and I spent a lot of time on here back in 2019-2020. I was accepted to all of the Ontario (English) schools including McMaster, Western, U of T, and Queens on my first round of applications. 

I took a bit of a unique road to become a PT including doing a PTA/OTA diploma, working for chiropractors and non-physios as a rehab assistant, doing an online undergrad degree, and volunteering in areas completely unrelated to physio. Neither my academic nor professional references came from physiotherapists themselves, and I know this sounds wild, but you do not need PT experience to get into PT! There is so much more to you than clinic volunteering and I want to help you identify these strengths.

Canada appears to be one of the most competitive countries in the world for physiotherapy, and in the year I was accepted (2020), the acceptance rates ranged from 5.5% at McMaster to 12.2% at U of T. Many students I went to school with were on their second or third round of applications.

It's a daunting and draining process and I am here offering 1:1 counseling/consulting/editing services to help you identify areas you can improve your application, and offer considerations that you may not have thought about that actually make you a stronger applicant than you previously thought!

Please reach out if you are interested, whether it is editing and reviewing statements, identifying experiences you can use on your application, or other questions you may have, I am here for you. Send me a message here!

(I am not going to price gouge you, btw)