Premed 101 Forums

Help! How can I guarantee excellence in Cégep?

Hello!

I am going to Dawson next fall, in honours health science. My goal, God willing, is to achieve the highest R score as I possibly can to get a position in McGill medicine.

I came from classe d’accueil originally, but I am the best student in my school for the last two years thankfully (my moyenne is 98% for Sec IV and 99% for Sec V), I don’t have difficulties with any of my subjects usually.

I am excited to (and scared from) starting in the Honours program in Dawson, I would really like all the advice that you can give me to help me distinguish myself in my cohort and to continue being excellent. Many people told me Cégep is difficult, and I am afraid of declining. My goal is to reach McGill, and I have one chance at doing it.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, AnAnxiousArab said:

Hello!

I am going to Dawson next fall, in honours health science. My goal, God willing, is to achieve the highest R score as I possibly can to get a position in McGill medicine.

I came from classe d’accueil originally, but I am the best student in my school for the last two years thankfully (my moyenne is 98% for Sec IV and 99% for Sec V), I don’t have difficulties with any of my subjects usually.

I am excited to (and scared from) starting in the Honours program in Dawson, I would really like all the advice that you can give me to help me distinguish myself in my cohort and to continue being excellent. Many people told me Cégep is difficult, and I am afraid of declining. My goal is to reach McGill, and I have one chance at doing it.

Thanks in advance!

I just finished my first year and I didn't find it "difficult". You just need to manage your time well and be dedicated. It's also important to ask the questions you have. If you keep working as hard as you did in Sec IV and V, I'm sure you will do well! :D

As DreamsToMed said before me, there is no secret technique, and you just have to be organized and work hard, even in the courses that you don’t like as much! In my experience, people that were focused and knew how to manage their time depending on each course’s workload have had the best R scores.

One thing I would add is that you said you only have one chance at going to McGill, but that’s not true! If you don’t get in just after cegep, you can go into any university program and continue trying. It does not all stand on your cegep performance, so you should take some of that pressure off your shoulders! These are beautiful years of your life and you should still try to enjoy them as much as you can whilst working hard. Good luck :)

4 hours ago, DreamsToMed said:

I just finished my first year and I didn't find it "difficult". You just need to manage your time well and be dedicated. It's also important to ask the questions you have. If you keep working as hard as you did in Sec IV and V, I'm sure you will do well! :D

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, parallélépipède said:

As DreamsToMed said before me, there is no secret technique, and you just have to be organized and work hard, even in the courses that you don’t like as much! In my experience, people that were focused and knew how to manage their time depending on each course’s workload have had the best R scores.

One thing I would add is that you said you only have one chance at going to McGill, but that’s not true! If you don’t get in just after cegep, you can go into any university program and continue trying. It does not all stand on your cegep performance, so you should take some of that pressure off your shoulders! These are beautiful years of your life and you should still try to enjoy them as much as you can whilst working hard. Good luck :)

Thank you! I will of course try to be as organised as I possibly can, all while still joining the various clubs in the College.

2 minutes ago, Alfonso3788MoE said:

1- by your username i knew you were arab

2- you said if god is willing, then you’re Muslim 

3- you came from accueil you said , you told me that once (we barely talk)

4-your moyenne is 99, so you smart smart

5-you said honours Dawson, well there a class where you sit around me and I overheard hehehehe(I’m not a stalker T.T)

6-you wanna go to med school, everybody knows that about you .

TADAAAAAAA, FBI WHO IM TOO SMART

Ohhh, I just recognized this guy. Yeah, he’s so smart. But still I have never heard of “Alfonso” in my life. BTW my family name is Kinkya. :)

Just now, Alfonso3788MoE said:

Well , if can’t find your family name on the hoodie, is it like in the middle ?

My family name is composed so they didn’t write the seconde part. But I will give you the first part if you give me your family name or at least the first and last letter of your family name.