Premed 101 Forums

OOP University of Toronto DDS GPA Calculation

Hello!

I'm currently in the process of putting together an application for UofT's dentistry program. I was wondering if anyone could help with the calculation of my GPA. I don't want to bother applying if my GPA is lower than 3.85 as I was told that students with below that don't receive an interview. It's a costly application so I would prefer to know even if it is in fact lower than the 3.85.

I guess I have a few questions:

1) I'm assuming I would calculate the GPA for all my years of university, add those values up and then divide by the total number of years? Is that correct?

2) I have years on my transcript where I was only enrolled in 1 full year course (due to being in high school and I was able to take university English before starting uni. Do I still count this toward my GPA calculation?

3) I saw somewhere that UofT no longer drops your lowest year, is that true? I do have more than 4 years of study and my most recent year isn't going to be the year I'm applying.

4) Does UofT take the best 3 years of your university career or is that completely false?

Thanks in advance for those that reply!

3 hours ago, aspiringdentist123454321 said:

1) Yes

2) Not sure

3) No longer drops worst year

4) Not true

I appreciate this thank you! I know this is probably a long shot, but for the GPAs that accepted students are reporting for UofT, do you happen to know if they're using OMSAS scale? A 3.9+ seems like a mindblowing GPA lol

• 1 month later...