Premed 101 Forums

Non-trad MCAT Prep

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone might have any advice on how to prep for the MCAT coming from a non-traditional background. I studied both psychology/sociology in undergrad and feel comfortable with CARS but would be self-studying for the rest. I feel okay self-studying biology but am a bit at a loss as to how to self-study the other subjects (I took chemistry in high school but that was... quite some time ago). I'd ideally not like to formally take the courses as I have a high GPA that I'd rather not put at risk. Are any of the prep courses worth doing if you don't already have a solid foundation in the content, have people audited courses in the past to prepare or has anyone had success in self-studying using the prep books and giving themselves an ample amount of time to study? I haven't deluded myself into thinking this is an easy path, but I know people have gone down it before and would love to hear any helpful approaches!