Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

3 hours ago, saddleup09 said:

Has anyone seen any movement on the UBC PT waitlist? I know today is the last day for everyone to accept their UBC offers. Is anyone not accepting their offer? 

There was an update email sent on Friday last week! 8 people moved off the Vancouver waitlist last week!

1 hour ago, OTwannabe111 said:

There was an update email sent on Friday last week! 8 people moved off the Vancouver waitlist last week!

Oh damn! I never got an update email🧐 I thought the waitlist was one list and not for each cohort?

4 hours ago, AppliedtoOT said:

I emailed them and they said they don’t really use their waitlist 😞

Oh really :( I know people declining their offer to Queen's so I'm sure they will have to, or at least I hope so!

28 minutes ago, OTOT1234 said:

Oh really :( I know people declining their offer to Queen's so I'm sure they will have to, or at least I hope so!

A lot of the times schools send out more offers than they have seats because they know people will decline their offers ): holding out hope for us though. I’m on two wait lists and just hoping for a spot at either 

5 hours ago, thereluctantemu said:

What does that mean?

I posted above but usually schools send more offers than they have spots. So if a school sends 150 offers and have 100 spots and 50 people decline then they never need to use their waitlist

Hey everyone!! Congrats to everyone who applied this cycle! Whether if you received an offer or not, I hope you’re proud of yourself for all the hard work put in<3

I am very lucky to have gotten offers at both UoT and McMaster for OT. I think as of now I’m leaning more towards McMaster…but I am still on the fence! I’ve done a bit of research on both schools and what other people have said, but just curious if anyone here has any pros or cons related to either? Honestly ANYTHING is appreciated!! Thanks in advance! 

22 minutes ago, Frozzzle said:

Just wanted to post here for those on OT waitlists. I was accepted to both Western and McMaster for OT but will be declining and pursuing accelerated nursing instead. Hope this gets some movement going for anyone on either of the schools waitlists!! 

Do you mind sharing what made you choose accelerated nursing over OT? Only if you are comfortable sharing your thoughts? I am also considering going to accelerated nursing

48 minutes ago, Gur27 said:

Do you mind sharing what made you choose accelerated nursing over OT? Only if you are comfortable sharing your thoughts? I am also considering going to accelerated nursing

Of course! I will message you :)

22 hours ago, AppliedtoOT said:

A lot of the times schools send out more offers than they have seats because they know people will decline their offers 😞 holding out hope for us though. I’m on two wait lists and just hoping for a spot at either 

Thanks for the info! I'm also on two waitlists and praying a spot will open up for me at either as well. Best of luck!

Applied + (PT or OT?): (All PT) McMaster, UofT, Western, UBC (out of province)
Accepted: All schools
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: c-gpa (3.80) s-gpa (3.98)
CASPer Quartile: 4th
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references

Just accepted my offer to UofT PT so hopefully all other schools see waitlist movement :)

Experiences: Physio assistant in two private clinics, group fitness trainer in a private ortho clinic, volunteering with children with disabilities, research assistant in Kinesiology dept, leadership role in a vaccine clinic, and some other smaller things. Took this year off after finishing my undergrad last year and it's the best decision I ever made! Allowed me to gain alot of experience for my resume and focus more on my applications/interviews. But for most schools GPA/Casper likely helped me gain interviews. Preparing well for casper is important, and taking more courses to upgrade your sGPA if needed.

Interviews: Felt great about UofT CAP interview (I feel confident communicating through writing, lots of practice from Casper and I am a pretty fast typer so I was able to complete every question thoroughly. Would recommend practicing typing speed and having knowledge of current topics in healthcare. Mac KIRA: Can't really prepare much for this since the questions are very general but just try to just be yourself and show enthusiasm, and speak for as long as possible. UBC MMI: This one was definitely the hardest to prepare for, do lots of practice answering questions for 5-6 minutes straight and plenty of relevant knowledge on public health topics. 

Please feel free to reach out and DM me if you have any questions at all I'd love to provide advice and support!

13 hours ago, AppliedtoOT said:

I posted above but usually schools send more offers than they have spots. So if a school sends 150 offers and have 100 spots and 50 people decline then they never need to use their waitlist

Really? That's terrible. What a way to give people false hope. 

22 minutes ago, thereluctantemu said:

Really? That's terrible. What a way to give people false hope. 

I know right. I feel like they should just give the same amount of first round offers as they have spots and make a longer waitlist so there is more waitlist movement