Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

I have an offer at Western (MSCOT) and provisionally accepted it. I want to be considered for other schools (waitlisted for some), is it possible to accept another offer from another school (hopefully by next week) before I confirm my acceptance with an application fee by June 30?

Thank you and congrats to all who got in!

48 minutes ago, OTLOVESEVERYONE said:

I have an offer at Western (MSCOT) and provisionally accepted it. I want to be considered for other schools (waitlisted for some), is it possible to accept another offer from another school (hopefully by next week) before I confirm my acceptance with an application fee by June 30?

I think if you accept an offer it automatically takes you off the waitlist of other schools

1 hour ago, OTLOVESEVERYONE said:

June 7th all provisional acceptances become firm and you will be taken off those wait lists 

6 hours ago, PTooo322 said:

Has anyone heard back from UofA regarding waitlist offers for PT or OT?

I haven't, I'm on the OT waitlist. 

The deadline to accept OT offers was today. Not sure about PT but I imagine it's similar. So presumably waitlist offers (if there are any) will come out in the next week or so. 

Just curious ~ For those on or were on the waitlist for Mac, are we to assume that if we do not hear back on June 3rd after 12pm as stated on their website, we will no longer be considered for admission? Or do we still hope that after June 7th there will still be some offers?

1 hour ago, JRTpt said:

I don't think we'll hear anything until after May 29th when first round offers expire. :(

I am just in a bit of dilemma, I have accepted Western’s offer provisionally, but crossing my fingers for Mac as I wont need to move if I get accepted. I emailed Western and they said the provisional acceptance will become firm after the 29. Mac is not answering. :( 

3 minutes ago, PT2024waitlist said:

I am just in a bit of dilemma, I have accepted Western’s offer provisionally, but crossing my fingers for Mac as I wont need to move if I get accepted. I emailed Western and they said the provisional acceptance will become firm after the 29. Mac is not answering. :( 

I thought provisional acceptances become firm on June 7th? That is what the ORPAS site says 

2 hours ago, AppliedtoOT said:

Do you know if offers are sent out May 29th or May 30th?

For the waitlist I'm pretty sure it will be anytime after may 29th, so potentially going into first week of June as well. Not sure of the exact date unfortunately :( 

1 hour ago, PT2024waitlist said:

Omg congrats though on the acceptance to western!! Makes sense that's definitely tricky, hopefully you get off the waitlist at Mac :)

3 hours ago, OTOT1234 said:

Does anyone know if waitlisted people will start hearing tomorrow? Or just starting tomorrow offers may start coming out? Waiting to hear back from two schools, anxiously! 

Me too!! The waiting period is so stressful

Has anyone heard back from Dal regarding the physio waitlist? They were able to let me know that I am on the top quarter so fingers crossed! I also sort of need to know ASAP due to the job I currently work :wacko:

I firmly accepted UofT for physio last week and got a confirmation email from ORPAS but I haven't gotten any email from UofT. I was just wondering if accepting on ORPAS and not receiving an email from the school yet is normal and that I don't need to do anything else? 

8 minutes ago, Physio2026 said:

I firmly accepted UofT for physio last week and got a confirmation email from ORPAS but I haven't gotten any email from UofT. I was just wondering if accepting on ORPAS and not receiving an email from the school yet is normal and that I don't need to do anything else? 

I accepted my offer a couple days after receiving it and haven't received anything either, I'm expecting to hear something after the 29th as that's when the initial offers/decisions expire