Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

25 minutes ago, PTforMe2024 said:

I accepted my offer a couple days after receiving it and haven't received anything either, I'm expecting to hear something after the 29th as that's when the initial offers/decisions expire

I accepted my offer for UofT OT on Saturday and I got a confirmation email today. I would expect you both hear back soon! 

5 hours ago, Dominos said:

Has anyone heard back from Dal regarding the physio waitlist? They were able to let me know that I am on the top quarter so fingers crossed! I also sort of need to know ASAP due to the job I currently work :wacko:

They told you? 

I asked where I am on the OT waitlist and I was told that they couldn't reveal that since it's not fair to everyone else. 

Interesting. 

Just wondering if people would be interested if I were to create a group chat (WhatsApp or Messenger) for those looking to find roommates for UofT St. George Campus for both OT and PT? 
As a student coming from out of province I have found the process quite challenging thus far and would love to connect with others if so! 

42 minutes ago, AppliedtoOT said:

What time do OT offers expire? “May 29th” generally seems like they expired 7 hours ago at midnight? Can anyone with an offer that hasn’t responded confirm if their offer is expired right now 

ORPAS website generally says 11:59pm EST, so might be tonight. I've accepted but my offer is still not expired

6 hours ago, AspiringOT94 said:

Just wondering if people would be interested if I were to create a group chat (WhatsApp or Messenger) for those looking to find roommates for UofT St. George Campus for both OT and PT? 
As a student coming from out of province I have found the process quite challenging thus far and would love to connect with others if so! 

Yes please!

Has anyone else not heard anything back from Queens yet for OT? I haven't received a rejection email or anything saying I'm on the waitlist. I also reached out to admissions regarding that a little while ago and haven't gotten a response to that either... 

8 hours ago, AspiringOT94 said:

I would be interested!

1 hour ago, appliedtoot619 said:

Has anyone else not heard anything back from Queens yet for OT? I haven't received a rejection email or anything saying I'm on the waitlist. I also reached out to admissions regarding that a little while ago and haven't gotten a response to that either... 

check your junk for the waitlist email for OT

11 hours ago, thereluctantemu said:

They told you? 

I asked where I am on the OT waitlist and I was told that they couldn't reveal that since it's not fair to everyone else. 

Interesting. 

The original waitlist email said that they can't divulge waitlist ranking however I asked anyways hahaha. I figured they wouldn't tell me exactly which spot I'm in (it's complicated with the in province/out of province quota) so I asked if they could let me know which quarter I'm in, just so I know if there is even a fighting chance.

Wanted to share my stats as I too used to worry about my GPA and chances of getting into school, but leaving this here to help others with getting into their dream career:

Accepted: UofT OT

Waitlisted: Mac OT, Western OT

Subgpa: 3.70

Casper: 4th

Experience: I have a lot of volunteer and work experience with over 2000 hours of volunteering with OTs, working as a Wellness Coordinator for an active aging community, working as a Medical Assistant for a private medical clinic as well as working as a Physio assistant for several years at a rehab clinic.

This is my 4th time applying!! You can absolutely achieve your dreams with consistency, hard work and discipline. Congrats to those that got into school and if you didn't get in this year, don't lose hope. Keep building on your application by improving your gpa and gaining more practical experience in the field. 

On 5/24/2024 at 10:57 PM, Xxxx said:

Let us know with what they reply!

Hi, I can confirm that after emailing UofT, they provided an applicant number. However, I can also confirm that nothing has changed (I haven't seen an invitation to join MSCOT at U of T). I have full access to my dashboard. Hope this helps someone.

Just got accepted to Queens off the waitlist!!! I honestly can't believe it, this is my first time applying and I thought I'd have to retake prerequisites this Fall. 

Schools Applied: Mac, Queens (PT for Both)

Interviewed at Mac then rejected lol...

cGPA: 3.73

sGPA: 4.0

Casper: 2nd Quartile (makes sense judging by my interview at Mac lol)

ECs: worked as a PTA for a year, working as a personal trainer currently (have been for 5 years), some light volunteer stuff at a homeless shelter and hospital way back in first year uni. 

8 minutes ago, PTStudentInbound said:

Just got accepted to Queens off the waitlist!!! I honestly can't believe it, this is my first time applying and I thought I'd have to retake prerequisites this Fall. 

Schools Applied: Mac, Queens (PT for Both)

Interviewed at Mac then rejected lol...

cGPA: 3.73

sGPA: 4.0

Casper: 2nd Quartile (makes sense judging by my interview at Mac lol)

ECs: worked as a PTA for a year, working as a personal trainer currently (have been for 5 years), some light volunteer stuff at a homeless shelter and hospital way back in first year uni. 

Congratulations!!! 

Send some of your "got off the waitlist" juju my way please lol (I'm on U of A OT and Dalhousie OT waitlists)

Edited by thereluctantemu