Premed 101 Forums

has anyone NOT received their U of T interview letter yet?

Guest janey688

Guest janey688

Hi everyone, I applied for U of T med and I still haven't heard back from them regarding interviews. I was wondering if anyone was in the same situation???? I'm getting really impatient and paranoid that my letter got lost in the mail or something. A friend of mine has already received hers....does anyone know if they send it out all at once or what? I live in Toronto, so it shouldn't take them this long!!!! I'm hesitant about calling admissions cuz their website states clearly that they don't want to receive calls regarding interviews. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peachy

As detailed in the FAQ and in many other threads, U of T interview invitations come in batches. Lots of people haven't gotten notice from U of T yet. Relax.

Guest Parii

Hi there,

I live in BC and have not heard anything yet. I had to fix a couple of holes in the bottom of my slippers from running to and from the mail box every day....:\

relax, pari

Guest Yangzie

you think you can wait long enough so that you forget what you're waiting for? i.e. applied to UT?

....um....nahhhhh...

get on it UT. crank those reject-letters out yo.

Guest avarrin2001

Hi,

I am hoping this will come as good news, i dunno, at this point i dont really know how to take it... but i dug through my interview invite letters from last year and I thought it might be good to tell you all that my invite last year was dated as March 16, 2005. I do live in Ontario, but in the middle of nowhere, and so i can only guess that i wouldnt have received the letter for at least a few days after, and my interview was on April 16... so, hang tight!

Since I am on the subject of waiting, i will tell you about the rest of my experience... last year i was waitlisted at Toronto, and near the end of the summer (beginning of August) i received a letter saying i had been shortlisted (i.e., most ppl on the waitlist were told it was unlikely they will make it into the class, and i was on the list that still might make it)... it wasnt until the first week of september (my letter was dated Aug 31), that i found out i didnt make it in.... so... if you think this wait is long, just imagine what this summer will be like for those of us "lucky" enough to make the waitlist :( To make the summer worse, i was "good-waitlisted" at Ottawa and didnt make it in either.

Applying to med school is almost a job in itself. So take it from someone who stalked their mailman everyday from January 2005 to September 2005.... try to enjoy this time and just take it as it comes. At this point, no news is still good news!

Best of luck to everyone :)

Guest ScoobyBill

I haven't heard of anyone who has got an invitation for the April set of interviews. My guess is that batch is yet to come?

Guest avarrin2001

I would imagine that the batch is still to come (or maybe it is just my hopeful self getting carried away). There definitely were April interviews last year (as i went through them), and the year before that, I was told that they even held some interviews in May.

UofT is generally a lot 'slower' than other schools because they do most of the weighting, etc before interviews (at least this is the excuse i have been told in the past), whereas other schools do most of that after the interviews. It makes for a longer wait for interviews, but we have to wait until May (and if waitlisted, even longer) to find out the answer from all the schools anyway ;)

I doubt there will be May interviews this year, but I did check the FAQ www.torontomeds.com/admis...ypicalDay, and there are definitely interviews in April:

1) When are the interviews?

February 24, 25, 26

March 25, 26, 27

April 7, 8, 9

Guest avarrin2001

Hi cher,

Yes, I applied again this year. So far i have interviews at Ottawa and NOSM and am still waiting to hear from UofT... feels very much like last year all over again... just hopeful that the outcome changes slightly ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest el pansito

hey guys,

i'm from alberta and i'm in the same boat. still waiting.....but i phoned the office and they said they're sending some interview letters out NOW

running to my mailbox,

Mike

Guest lizzyuwo

hey everyone,

good and bad news. I called the office today and spoke to leslie. She said that anyone who hasn't heard from them by now is probably in the "bunch" of applications that have been send out for re-review. She said there these applications were all close in competitiveness and were needed re-review in order to give the last 7 remaining interview spots to. She wouldn't specify when this review would be fininshed or how many were competing for these spots. Although she did say that she would probably give a "heads up" email to anyone who got one of these 7 remaining interview spots ...

good luck to all still waiting ...

Guest aktpkb

7 Interview spots! thats it! wow.........dont' know whether to take this as a good sign or not considering they could be holding a 100 applications still.......

and "re"review? how much more complicated can the process get haha :P though i am actually glad they are taking their time in coming up with a thoughtful and thorough decision.

Guest lizzyuwo

just curious what they mean by same competitiveness ... so can anyone still waiting post their stats? I'll start

year: 4th

program: biochemistry

uoft gpa: 3.88

mcat: 10.8,10, R

publications: none (yet)

Guest docbil

Well well.. lucky 7

I guess I may be one of those being re-evaluated. If so I WOULD BE SURPRIZED. I did not hear anything from them yet. Still waiting! Not hoping for much.

Guest docbil

Does anyone know what the interview is worth?

I read somewhere on here that its 20% is that true???? Or was I reading another school thread.

Guest aktpkb

yes, the interview is worth "only" 20%, but it is what will make or break your application regardless of how good an academic score you have!

7 interview spots, are you sure that's what she said? that is VERY few and I am surprised she told you this insider information......i really, really hope she meant 70

Archived