Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites are out (2006)

Guest Maelswarm

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smileymd

Just wrote everything down and because it is so early I think I lost it- sheesh!

I received my interview invite yesturday. :D

I will be completing my MSc in June. My academics are passable (not as stellar as the above for sure- congratulations on those, they really are great!). I believe that I have good non-academics to help me out.

Good Luck everyone! There is still lots of time for things to happen at U of T. (I realize this is much easier said then done. I had to resort to spending lots of time with friends and not too much time checking out what was happening on this board to keep my mind off it)

I just got my interview invite today.

Info:

- Dated Feb.2nd

- Toronto Resident

- Completed my BScH/BA from Queen's

- UT Adjusted GPA = 3.86

- MCAT = 31Q

- From the looks of my envelope, it seemed like it was lost in mail at first with a return to sender tag.

- Interview Date on Feb 26th. Will try to change it since I already booked a flight to BC for interview that weekend.

G'luck to everyone else that's waiting.

Guest try2dstress

smileymd -

Congrats on your interview!

You mentioned that you were completing your MSc in June...does that mean that they've considered the grad pool already? Did you send in that extra grad package that was due on June 6?

Just curious b/c I'm also a grad student and haven't heard anything yet...

From what I've seen and heard from past years, most grad students SEEM to get their notices later but some do get theirs for the earlier batches. So for now, I guess no news is good news... Us grad students will have to just keep waiting to see.

Guest viswaka

I was also surprised that one of us has heard back from them this early. I have been under the impression that the review is scheduled for today-Feb 10 (read it somewhere, can't remember where though).

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

When I applied as a grad student I didn't receive my interview invitation until the later stages of the application cycle. In fact, I was invited to one of the last interview dates, as was a pal of mine--also a graduate applicant--the year prior. I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

hi,

I was just wondering if people who are interviewed in the first wave hear about final admission decisions earlier, or if all admission decisions are made at the same time.

Guest NeuroObsessed

From what I understand, I think that all admissions are going out on May 15, 2006! I would think that they would have to assess everybody before making the final list of who they are accepting and who is going to be put on the wait list!;)

Guest NeuroObsessed

So, that means that the second round of invites are going out as well?

Wow... U of T is working fast considering they don't plan to mail out everything till MID-MARCH!

Well, I guess we just have to wait and see what happens... |I

Congratulations to all those who got interviews so far! ;)

Guest treehuggingbiologist

So not all the letters went out this week? Only the first round of interviews?

So the rest of us are stuck waiting another month? Christ.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Macmo,

Traditionally, UofT (as well as the other Ontario schools) agreed to send all of their invitations (except those for the MD/PhD program) out on the same day. That means that even those who were the first to be interviewed had to wait a few months for their results.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest dayne67

The only school that hasn't rejected me yet is UofT. And I am still waiting for my letter - whatever the outcome may be.

It's kind of nerve wrecking since the letter could come any day or week.

BTW, I also graduated with an engineering degree last year. And my stats are 3.85 WGPA and 30 O.

Archived