Premed 101 Forums

Hey, two questions:

If you have an average of 86%, can you be accepted to Dawson for day or night shifts in health science?

Is an average of 86% sufficient for Lionel Groulx in health science? If any of you have information about this CEGEP, please share. It's a bit of a mystery to me, and I don't know much about it, like the people, teachers, grades, etc.

CEGEP is stressing me out a lot, I don't know what goal to set..

On 11/13/2023 at 8:26 PM, Hana_B said:

Hey, two questions:

If you have an average of 86%, can you be accepted to Dawson for day or night shifts in health science?

Is an average of 86% sufficient for Lionel Groulx in health science? If any of you have information about this CEGEP, please share. It's a bit of a mystery to me, and I don't know much about it, like the people, teachers, grades, etc.

Like Daddychill already said, 86% is for sure enough for Lionel-Groulx and probably for Dawson too!  don't know a lots about these schools, but I went to Cegep de Saint-Jérôme and I really enjoyed it :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 8:26 PM, Hana_B said:

Hey, two questions:

Hi there! I am a Dawson student, my first year actually. It's kind of difficult to go to Dawson in the day division with 86 the year I applied, however, the evening was possible to get in and you can switch to Day after one semester (one of my friends did this). However, with the new law by the government, I believe that you will need much better grades to get into Dawson, because most places will be reserved for English students.

20 hours ago, Hana_B said:

Hi! I just received my new average for the first étape, 89%! Is this still not enough? I'm also looking for the night shifts, they say it's easier to get in.

Question for AnAnxiousArab, What was your average when you applied? Also, do you know the averages of your friends? What was their lowest?

Hey Hana. 89% is good for a first term, as you know, the second term will have a much larger impact on your final grade, so work well and everything should be fine. I believe 89% is sufficient for night shifts and might even allow you in day shifts, but since the law 96 will be applied next fall its better to be safe.

My average was completely overkill because I was seeking valedictorian in my school, so It wouldn't be a relevant comparison. As for my friends, the one who got into evening had an average around 85%? He is going to be in the day division next semester. My two other friends have respective averages of 90% and 94%. Do you know what your Sec IV final average was?

17 hours ago, AnAnxiousArab said:

Hey Hana. 89% is good for a first term, as you know, the second term will have a much larger impact on your final grade, so work well and everything should be fine. I believe 89% is sufficient for night shifts and might even allow you in day shifts, but since the law 96 will be applied next fall its better to be safe.

My average was completely overkill because I was seeking valedictorian in my school, so It wouldn't be a relevant comparison. As for my friends, the one who got into evening had an average around 85%? He is going to be in the day division next semester. My two other friends have respective averages of 90% and 94%. Do you know what your Sec IV final average was?

Thanks for sharing! I scored above 90% in sec 4, close to 95%. To improve my overall average, I need to do well in all my classes this second étape/term. It's my last chance.  The only thing is to not give up, it's a bit tricky to stay focused..

4 hours ago, Hana_B said:

Thanks for sharing! I scored above 90% in sec 4, close to 95%. To improve my overall average, I need to do well in all my classes this second étape/term. It's my last chance.  The only thing is to not give up, it's a bit tricky to stay focused..

That’s a really great grade. Your chances should be really good for getting in, just concentrate on your second term. I know that staying focused is hard, but I can tell you that for me, I didn’t study at Sec V, the year was overall much easier than Sec IV, though that changes for everyone. Just do what you have to do and don’t stress about it, and enjoy it because life in Cegep is much more serious (makes me feel old to say it, but it’s like that). Good luck moving forward!