Premed 101 Forums

Question about UAlberta and UofC IP residency

MamaDudu

Hello, I am a first year at the UAlberta however I only started residing in Alberta when the fall 2023 term started as I’m originally from B.C. Having read the Uofa medical school and UofC med school IP definitions: UOFA-For the University of Alberta Medical School, being a resident is determined by your continuous residency in Alberta, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, or Nunavut for at least one year before the first day of classes of the term you're applying for. It's based on your presence in those specific regions, not your undergraduate studies.

UofC- The Cumming School of Medicine Admissions Committee considers an applicant to be “Albertan” if they have been physically present in Alberta on a day-to-day basis for 24 consecutive months at some point between their 15th birthday and the first day of classes of the year for which they are applying.

(When they say first day of classes, are they referring to when I started my undergrad, or is for the  school of medicine?)

did I need to have resided in Alberta for 1-2 years prior to undergrad to qualify for Ip? Or is before the term that the medical school would start? Thanks.