Premed 101 Forums

Radiology 2024 CARMS

How did people do in terms of interview invites this year? Do we think rads will be more competitive than last year? Personally, I felt I had a decently competitive application but still only ended up with 4 interviews. Kind of bummed but trying to keep my head up. 

Have loved waking up to fresh rejections in my inbox every morning this week :rolleyes:. I thought it was pretty brutal this year, but I'm guessing competitiveness is likely on par with last year. (Maybe even better? I know a couple people who backed up with rads and received interviews, unlike the ones I knew last year who received none.)

fwiw, I got 5 interviews and also felt I was decently competitive. Hope that's enough to match but honestly at this point idk...

21 hours ago, catscatsasts said:

Have loved waking up to fresh rejections in my inbox every morning this week :rolleyes:. I thought it was pretty brutal this year, but I'm guessing competitiveness is likely on par with last year. (Maybe even better? I know a couple people who backed up with rads and received interviews, unlike the ones I knew last year who received none.)

fwiw, I got 5 interviews and also felt I was decently competitive. Hope that's enough to match but honestly at this point idk...

Yea getting the rejections really suck. From anecdotal experience, It seems like people have either gotten interviews everywhere or very few places.

5 minutes ago, an90000 said:

Yea getting the rejections really suck. From anecdotal experience, It seems like people have either gotten interviews everywhere or very few places.

FWIW, last year where radiology seems to be more competitive than this year, I know some people who matched to rads with only 4 invites so it's definitely possible!