Premed 101 Forums

DAT - Percent score to DAT Score conversion

Hello,

I am a Qc applicant that only has to do the PAT section of the DAT, and I was wondering what percent scores people were getting on their practice and how that translated into a DAT score. Currently, I am really struggling with angles, getting maybe 50-60% on the online angle generators, and I was wondering if that would be enough to get me above a 15 DAT perceptual ability score, since that is required by the program I am applying to.

Thanks a lot guys

On 1/5/2024 at 4:06 PM, Tovarisch said:

Hello,

I am a Qc applicant that only has to do the PAT section of the DAT, and I was wondering what percent scores people were getting on their practice and how that translated into a DAT score. Currently, I am really struggling with angles, getting maybe 50-60% on the online angle generators, and I was wondering if that would be enough to get me above a 15 DAT perceptual ability score, since that is required by the program I am applying to.

Thanks a lot guys

Hi, I am in the same situation as well right now. You just need overall a 15/30 (50%) score, which means that you need to have 45/90 in the perceptual ability section. I hope my answer helped :) 

Hello, thank you for your answer and good luck in your applications. I was looking at the grid, and the 15/30 does not work exactly like that. It is not like a percentage of questions you got right. It works more so like the R-Score, taking into account the difficulty of the questions. This means that the 15/30 may represent more or less 50%, depending on the exam.