Premed 101 Forums

Want the GPA weighting scheme, but didn't take 5 courses

Guest weepeec

Guest weepeec

Hi,

I know that UofT has a special formula for calculating GPAs if you've taken 5 full year courses each year.

In one of my years I had to take 4 full year courses - do you know if they make exceptions in certain circumstances? I guess I can call them and ask but I thought to check with all of you.

Best.

Applicants Who Have Taken a Full Course Load

The following formulae may be used for students who have taken a full course load (five full credits) for academic credit, during the regular academic session, in each of their academic years.

Application after completing two years of university education, and during the third year of a university program:

GPA will be calculated using grades from all courses completed on a full-time basis during the two completed years of university.

Application after completing three or more years of a university program:

GPA will be calculated eliminating one full-course grade per full year of study. Students applying after completion of three years of study will have their lowest 3 full-course equivalent grades removed from the GPA calculation, after completion of four years, their lowest 4 full-course equivalent grades, etc. This calculation is designed to encourage students to take demanding, advanced courses which advance their education during their undergraduate years.

facmed utoronto

3ni

Archived