Premed 101 Forums

UofT DDS Class of 2028 Acceptance Thread

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! so in shock

cGPA: 3.94

Current Year: 3rd year

DAT (AA/PAT): 22/23

Casper: 4Q

IP/OOP: IP

Interview thoughts: I thought it went really well after the actual interview, I was just myself and showed my personality and it was very conversational. The weeks after however, I felt awful. I tore it apart and really psyched myself out.

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: ACCEPTED!

GPA: 3.99

Current Year: 3rd

DAT (AA/PAT): 25/25

Casper: 4th 

Interview thoughts: I thought it went well at first, and then I came home and started overthinking - it was 20 mins long and my interviewer had me stay the whole time. I tried to connect with both of my interviewers, maintained eye contact and spoke from the heart. I had a bad cop, but my question at the end got him to smile. Even though I couldn't fit in all of my major experiences (I barely spoke about any), I was myself and I think that really helped!

So blessed and so grateful to be part of the class of 2T8!!!

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: Accepted :)

cGPA: 4.0

Current Year: 3rd year

DAT (AA/PAT): 26/22

Casper: 4Q

Interview thoughts: I thought it went great and had a lot of fun. I had a bad cap who tried to make me doubt or question what I said, but I had faith in my views and it worked out great. I got to talk quite a bit about my ecs, hobbies, and show who I truly am. I am very grateful to have this opportunity and so excited to meet everyone!!

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: accepted!!!

cGPA: 3.96

Current Year: gap

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/21

Casper: 2Q lol

Interview thoughts: So-so, I was worried I stumbled through my answers and didn’t get out what I wanted to say but it was more conversational near the end and I got to mention my experience in the field which they asked more about!

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: Rejected

cGPA: 3.93

Current Year: 4th

DAT (AA/PAT): 22/23

Casper: 3Q

Interview thoughts: I was way too nervous so it didn't go as well as I hoped and so I was expecting this result. Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to everyone on the waitlist! 

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: Accepted 

cGPA: 3.94 

Current Year: Gap

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/19 

IP/OOP:  IP

Interview thoughts: I guess the interview went better than I thought! I was shocked at how conversational it was. One of my interviewers played "bad cop" really well and interrupted me multiple times and didn't smile. However, I kept my cool because I remembered at the end of the day the interviewers are looking at you as a whole (not just what you're saying). So, I kept my composure and just kept calm and carried on. I also felt like I had multiple opportunities to show them who I was outside of academic things (i.e., music, places I've hiked, my work etc). They were very interested in the type of music I played haha

cGPA: 4.00

Current Year: 3rd year

DAT (AA/PAT): 26/23

IP/OOP: IP

Interview thoughts: Went well, connected nicely with my interviewers, it felt like a natural conversation, speaking at a good pace and confident. Really enjoyable experience. 

GPA: 3.99

Current Year: 3rd

DAT (AA/PAT): 24/25

Casper: 3Q

IP/OOP: IP

Interview thoughts: I felt ok during & afterwards. Questions were fair and I made sure to mention my top 2 ECs somewhere. They asked followups about my ECs more than the questions lol. My biggest tip for future interviewees is to make sure to mention 1-2 non-academic things about yourself. It may not fit the question but you need to find a way to squeeze it in briefly. Because at the end of the day, everyone's answers are more or less the same! So showing your personality & involvements is what makes you stand out!!

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: Accepted!

cGPA: 3.96

Current Year: Gap Year

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/21

Casper: 3Q

Interview thoughts: I found these threads very helpful throughout my application process so I hope this helps future applicants. Felt great coming out of the interview. I think the key for me was letting my guard down and coming across as genuine as possible. At the same time, I think they did want to see leadership and teamwork in candidates based off of the follow-up questions they asked me. I did experience the good/bad cop scenario but by the end I was able to really connect with both interviewers through genuine answers. Another tip I would give to future applicants is to have conversations with the dental students when you get there. That really helped relieve my nerves and get me in a good/calm headspace going into the interview. Good luck to all future applicants and I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the class!

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: accepted 

cGPA: 3.89

Current Year: 4

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/25

Interview thoughts: Was able to mix in my personal experiences really well in response to the questions. Felt very conversational and got a couple laughs out of them. Good luck to future applicants! 

cGPA: 3.99

Current Year: 3

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/22

Casper: 2Q

IP/OOP: OOP

Interview thoughts: First question threw me off and I didn't feel very good about it or the follow up questions for it..but my other two answers I was happy with! Interviewers were smiling throughout and were very friendly. 

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: Accepted

cGPA: 4.00

Current Year: 3

DAT (AA/PAT): 26/22

Casper: 2Q

Interview thoughts: Felt good during the interview, although didn't get to speak about any experiences (only briefly mentioned an experience during my last question). Both interviewers were nice, I tried my best to speak confidently in a conversational tone, and I smiled a lot. Did my best to be genuine and just be myself. Interview ended very quickly with almost no follow ups. 

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: accepted!!! 

cGPA: 3.94 

Current Year: 4

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/22

Interview thoughts: The interviewers were friendly! When I walked into the room they shook my hand and complimented my teeth (lol). The interview wasn't too conversational but it seemed like the interviewers were engaged (smiling and occasionally agreeing with things i said). I was able to talk about my own experiences for 3/4 of the questions and showcase my personality. It was quite long relative to the others in my cohort; i think it went on for 20+min? Overall it went well and unnecessarily psyched myself out overthinking what I said for the 2 weeks after the interview 

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: Accepted!!

cGPA: 3.97

DAT (AA/PAT): 22/23

Interview thoughts: Went a lot better than expected, very conversational, got to demonstrate some personal experiences in some of the questions! Quite a few follow ups with some of my questions, but nothing too outlandish. I was lucky to get a panel of interviewers that were very responsive; I was able to piggyback off some of their responses which really helped me answer comfortably. Mine lasted for about 20-ish minutes(?). I tried to treat the interview as a vibe check rather than trying so hard to demonstrate my knowledge and sticking to formulated answers (esp. with situational questions). Future tips for anyone applying; just go with your gut answer, it will flow more naturally. Also, practice with trusted individuals to try to get rid of red-flag responses. 

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: accepted!!

cGPA: 4.00

Current Year: 3rd

DAT (AA/PAT): 26/23

Interview thoughts: honestly, i was barely able to talk about my personal experiences aside from a brief (~20 seconds) snippet about why i chose the career field. the panellists did cut me off a few times when i was rambling, which made for a more conversational interview. don't let these minor things juke you out, because the greatest asset here is to smile, be your best self, and be confident to the point where you feel like you're lying to yourself about how not scared you are. don't tear yourself up after the interview on how long it was (mine was 13 minutes) or what you could have said instead. i probably had a mid/subpar interview in terms of my answer content, but i think my demeanour boosted the margins here and there

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: accepted

cGPA: 3.89

DAT (AA/PAT): 24/26

Interview thoughts: Went well! Which is probably what really saved me. I had the chance to talk about my own personal experiences and geek out about the things I love. I didn't mention anything related to dentistry either and didn't think it was completely necessary, I talked about running and my favourite books. My answers weren't the clearest or the best but I think smiling and just being super relaxed is what got me through.

• 3 weeks later...

Late adding this but:

cGPA: 3.93

Current Year: Gap year

DAT (AA/PAT): 26/26

Interview thoughts: I felt very good about it! I was asked follow-up questions for every single question which made me a little nervous. I took the entire time - right up until the timer went off. 
Both interviewers were very kind the whole time, they smiled a couple times and even nodded once or twice. 
I felt that my questions were tough but very fair, and I felt that I had lots to say. I had spent a lot of time practicing and I think it showed (in a good way). The more I went over my answers afterward, the more confident I felt.  

• 1 month later...