Premed 101 Forums

Hello,

I am a soon-to-be Kinesiology grad from uOttawa looking to pursue physiotherapy out-of-province. Ideally I would gain admission into UAlberta MPT or UBC MPT but I am also looking into doing a masters program in Calgary to start networking in the healthcare space in the province. Does anyone have any insight into how to gain IP status for Alberta's MPT program? Would doing a masters program out in Alberta give me the required time to be considered a resident of Alberta for PT school applications?

Thanks

I would just apply to UofA and UBC as an oop. I was accepted to UofA PT as an oop last year, and rejected from UBC PT as an ip in the same cycle. I thought my oop status would essentially disqualify me from UofA and that my ip status at UBC would guarantee me a spot, obviously it did not. I don't think doing a masters degree with the purpose of networking would actually help that much, the benefit would come from the ip status.