Premed 101 Forums

Prerequisite courses - when do they need to be completed?

Guest consciousdream22

Guest consciousdream22

Hello,

I've tried looking on the Admission website and I couldn't find an answer. I switched programs after my second year, so I don't have much flexibility both this coming summer and the next academic year for courses outside my major (French). Do you know if (granted I get to the interview stage) it's possible to complete the second life sciences requirement the summer before you go?

Thanks!!!!

Guest scrubbed

Hi CD,

Based on the following, I think that you need to take your prerequisites before applying

www.facmed.utoronto.ca/En...496-1.html

Students attending a Canadian university taking programs leading to degrees in any discipline (e.g., Arts, Engineering, Pharmacy, Science, etc.) may apply for admission during the third or higher years of university study (i.e., after completing 15 university credits after three years or after completing 20 university credits after four years) provided they have fulfilled the prerequisite course requirements. The calculated grade point average used to fulfill the academic requirement will not include the candidate's current year of study.

I know that Western allows students to take prerequisites during the summer before they enter, and after they received their offer of admission, but I don't think this is the case for U of T.

Email admissions if you wish to confirm this.

Good luck with you program--having strong knowledge of two languages will definitely benefit you as a physician.

Take care.

Archived