Premed 101 Forums

very worried about the samps

I have been really beating myself up for leaving quite a few blanks on the exam. I simply ran out of time and didn't follow the advice to just fill it in with guesses. I am really nervous about failing and I cannot shake this feeling. It seems like everyone filled in all the blanks.. I don't know what to do. 

3 hours ago, throwaway890 said:

I have been really beating myself up for leaving quite a few blanks on the exam. I simply ran out of time and didn't follow the advice to just fill it in with guesses. I am really nervous about failing and I cannot shake this feeling. It seems like everyone filled in all the blanks.. I don't know what to do. 

At the moment, the most important thing is to focus on the road ahead of you - especially the soos.  Your thoughts and worries won't change your results on the samps but further practice and studying may help with the soos.

It may help your anxiety to acknowledge the uncertainty and also spend a little time thinking of the rudiments of a contingency plan.  If it's helpful, even graduates who were unsuccessful on any part of the exam were able to find work settings and successfully retake any part of the CFPC exam whether it be the soo or samp.  The CFPC exams are run twice a year so any setback should only be temporary.  The CFPC also provides detailed feedback in the case of an unsuccessful attempt.  However, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying or planning for the worse as the results are uncertain and you still have important soos in front of you.