Premed 101 Forums

Canadian doing US undergrad applying back to Canada

Hello everyone, I am a current Canadian Highschool student and am wondering what the best option would be for my undergrad. I am currently deciding between a US BS/DO program (reserves me a seat in an osteopathic medical school) and either Queens Health Science or Mcmaster health science jn Canada.

The program in the states is non-binding and so I am able to apply out. I hope to return to Canada for medical school if I get accepted. Is there a disadvantage going to the US undergrad and applying to schools in Canada?

Any advice would help!

K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid.

I have  not the slightest idea why you would want to do your undergrad in the US and whether or not there is a clear disadvantage in so doing. I assume your parents have money to burn as the expense would be considerable compared to undergrad in Canada for a Canadian resident. My simple advice would be to stay in Canada for undergrad unless there is a very compelling reason to do otherwise, e.g., a grandparent is immobile and lives close to the US university. You mention this appears to be a guaranteed pathway to med school in US, which qualifies as a compelling reason.

s