Premed 101 Forums

Bus from Lees

Guest Talon01

Guest Talon01

Howdy Yall

I'm currently living at 190 Lees and I'm wondering how to get to school on monday. I believe I can just hop on the 16 and it takes me right to the hospitals? However, is there a free shuttle bus that I can also take?

Here is the schedule for the bus that goes from the Main Campus to St. Paul's to RGN (not to be confused with the free shuttle that is run by the hospitals and goes from the General to the Riverside to the Civic and back).

www.uottawa.ca/services/p...uttle.html

This free shuttle usually stops at Lees, but it doesn't start running until after Labour Day weekend. There are a ton of students that live at 190 Lees, so when you meet the second year students, ask them about where exactly you'd have to stand in order to get the shuttle. It will stop on the way from Main Campus to St. Paul's, so you can check the times on the schedule to get an idea as to when you'd have to wait outside of Lees (you don't want to be over or underwaiting outside, especially in the middle of winter :) )

The 16 will also take you to RGN, so you can take that. Alternatively, it's about a 20 minute walk and a 10 minute bike to RGN, if you know where you're going, from Lees. You'd have to go on the Rideau Riverway trail to the Hurdman bus stop, and then to Riverside, and then through a couple of the back streets near Pixley and then you'll get to RGN. It sounds a bit convoluted, but when someone shows you the route once, it's easy to remember it. I wouldn't, however, endorse walking alone at night (as a disclaimer, I guess).

EJL

Enjoy O-WEEK!!!

Hi,

As a nursing student at the RGN campus I would recommend the 85 (St-Laurent). You just go down to the transit way (maybe a 3min walk) to the Lees stop and it will take you staight to RGN. The 85 will also take you to the Civic, the Royal Ottawa, St-Vincent's, Riverside but not the Queensway Carleton. If you do a placement at Elizabeth B. just forget the busses and walk down Sussex. The 85 is faster then the 16 cause it uses the transit way.

If you need anymore busing advice I'm glad to help - I spend a lot of time dealing with this.

Archived