Premed 101 Forums

MCAT score release

Guest Sandman AK

Guest Sandman AK

I believe I marked "yes" in regards to releasing my MCAT scores on the test day. This was almost 2 years ago though... Will I have to release my scores via the online request option to apply to schools in Canada since they do not participate in the AMCAS?

Guest Sandman AK

Whew! I forgot my username and password but finally found my SSN.

So I just highlight every option so that my scores will be available to all? It says that I put "yes" for AMCAS release therefore I don't need to highlight all the American schools correct?

Guest aneliz

If you want to release your scores to Canadian schools, you must release them individually to each of the schools...(ie you must actually list them on the release form because they do not participate in AMCAS and releasing to AMCAS will not make the scores available to any Canadian schools.) If you said yes to AMCAS, your scores will be available to all of the AMCAS schools, but there are also US schools that don't participate in AMCAS, so if you want to apply to any of those, you will have to release the scores separately to them.

When I applied, there was a release code for OMSAS and a separate release code for each other individual Canadian school that didn't participate in OMSAS.

You must re-release your scores to OMSAS in each year that you are applying...apparently they don't keep them anywhere from year to year.

Archived