Premed 101 Forums

Class of 2009 Introductions :)

Guest 0T6

I thought it'd be cool to get to know some people before O Week so if you're comfortable doing so.. tell us a bit about yourself and maybe an msn contact?

I'll get started.. I'm Toronto raised and did 3 years of undergrad in human biology at UofT and I'm turning 22 this fall. I watch a lot of TV, listen to all kinds of music, and love playing basketball and golf. At the moment I'm thinking of going into a pediatric subspecialty (yay CHEO!) but that could very well change during the next 4 years. Anyways if you wanna talk some more, add me on msn.. shankar777@hotmail.com

Guest FrancophoneRN

Well, my turn.

My name is Sophie, I will be in the francophone program. I graduated from nursing at U. of O. in 2003 (I feel old...). I've been practicing nursing for the past 2 years. I've been a sexual assault treatment nurse at the Civic Hospital for a little more than a year. I now work full time as a PHN (public health nurse). I do case management for all syphilis, GC, LGV cases for the city of Ottawa. I also work at the sexual health centre (SHC). If any of you ever recognize me from these venues, I don't want to know unless it is to tell I'm doing a good job, and even then... I will still be doing a bit of PHNing while in school, mostly working the AIDS info line. I also work at the public library coz I want to retain my library privileges (no fines !) and practice my psychiatry skills.

When I'm not working, I like to sleep and eat. I love to read, I always have something on the go. I love TV and movies, a real zombie... I love food, cook it, eat it, thinking about it... I have a fabulous sense of humour ( well, at least I think so...). I can be a real fuddy-duddy at times (think about the reasons why...), but I'm also a lot of fun (I think).

I live with my boyfriend, Terrell, and my cat, Jimmy the Cat. Most of my family is in Ottawa. Some of it (my dad and sisters) are in Washington. So I do travel a bit, but not as much as I used to.

I'm really looking forward to starting school. But kind of scared... I'm afraid I won't be as smart as a lot of you, won't retain stuff easily, etc... But I'm excited at finally doing what I've always wanted to do, and am looking forward to all that medicine has to offer (not to mention the potential for a better salary).

Can't wait to hear from all of you, especially from those in my stream (no offense to the others...)!

Guest misersizer

Hi,

My name is Sandra and I will be entering the francophone program. I did a 4 year BSc in Biology at Laurentian and I am from Sudbury. I'm 22, have a great boyfriend (who will be moving with me to Ottawa, along with our dog), and I'm soooo anxious to move! I feel like I don't really know what I'm getting into, but I feel that I'm going to love it. I like hanging out with friends, going out to eat, playing golf (which I just started..so I suck, but it's fun), and being outside (except when it's cold). I'm very psyched about moving to a new town, and meeting new people. I have no idea what type of medicine I'd like to do, but I figure I'll figure it out as I go along....that's kinda how I am...I don't like to make decisions about things that are a few years away. Well...hope to meet you guys soon!

Sandra

Archived