Premed 101 Forums

B.Sc in progress

Guest Tangur

Guest Tangur

Hey guys,

I was wondering can I apply to UdeS right from my first university semester (1st year), or do I have to complete my first year of university and then apply during my 2nd year.

Thanks,

Tangur

Guest Blake128

Hey tangur,

Yea, it's possible to apply after your first semester of university to Sherbrooke med school. You'll still be considered a Cegepian in this category of applicants, and depending on the amount of credits you take during that first semester (or is it first year), you can increase your ''academic'' score.

Here's an example. You take 15 credits at university (not sure if it's the first semester or the full year). Sherbrooke will double that number, meaning that 30 % of your ''academic'' score will be made of your university grades. The remaining 70 % will be made of your Cegep R-score. I'm not 100 % sure that's how it works, but I have a friend in the same situation this year and that's how I understood it.

Oh, by the way, I haven't been "online'' for over a week now. I guess you have noticed. Well, it's thanks to pc problems, so no msn for me until I get the chance to fix it. Anyway, hang in there and don't lose hope. You can and you will make it to med school. Ciao:)

Guest quebecboy

Hey Tangur,

You can apply after one year, just as Blake128 said. However, concerning the percentage of your CRU vs CRC, after 15 credits, your university score will only be worth 10% at UdeS (30% at Laval and Montreal, but if you're not from Laval, you can't apply there). After 45 credits in one program (obtained before the application deadline), your CRU will be worth 100%, and CRC 0%. For more info, you can check here:

www.usherbrooke.ca/progra...ecine.html

Quebecboy

Archived