Premed 101 Forums

only 8 days to go!!

Guest hatewaiting

Guest hatewaiting

Anyone around here getting as nervous as I am? Only eight days to go before the big acceptance/rejection/waitlist letters are sent out!!! Anyone know if there is a possibility of emails or phonecalls for acceptance? I know some other Western schools phone or email their lucky new meds...

Good luck to everyone (but I'm secretly hoping I get in more than anything)!:b

Can't wait to see the posts fly up on May 15th!

HW

Guest frenchfrog

You know your username is appropriate for me as well. I really can't wait until May 15th. . .By they way, does the college normally put the letters in the mail on the 15th or we're expected to receive the letters no later than the 15th?

Guest kosmo14

Good luck to you all, I really hope you are all successful.

As far as the letters/emails the college has been known to do both in the past, but they seem to change thier mind each year so I couldn't tell you what thy are doing this year.

Guest Dallas

Hey everyone, I hate to sound like a tool by talking about "sources" and such but I've been told that not all 60 spots may be offered on May 15th. It's possible that only 45 may be. So don't feel too concerned if (#1) you don't get a letter or (#2) you don't get a straight-up acceptance.

Hope we all make it in this year.

Guest hatewaiting

Is that to mean that we may not hear anything May 15th? I don't think I can tolerate that!:\ Why would they do acceptances in batches like that? How is that any better/worse than sending out sixty acceptances and then waitlisting a bunch of people and going from there?

This whole admissions process is just not fun...

HW

Guest Dallas

I wish I could give you some answers but I'm as confused as you. Maybe they actually will send all the letters out and accept 60 on Monday. I don't know. I'm just relaying the info I have been told. But no need to worry. You know your combined score, nothing else you can do now.

Guest Smithie

The reason they are not sending out all 60 on monday is because not all schools final marks will be out by then so they are leaving some spaces open. Not getting accepted on monday does not necessarily mean that you will not get in, but it just means you are at the bottom of the list. I am not really looking forward to next week since until I get the rejection letter, I can still hope. Oh well, there is always next year. Good luck everyone. Go Riders!!

Archived