Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance Packages

Guest mitchie41

are you referring to the "registration" packages or the "acceptance letter?". The Acceptance package I've received more than a week ago. The "registration" package: I haven't seen anything yet. I guess they'll wait until everyone submit their response forms before they'll send them. Just a guess...

tea

Guest TKP 123

I submitted my acceptance offer, registration to College of Physicians, etc... to the Admission Office at WoodWard today.

Hopefully they will send out the registration package soon as a confirmation of receiving our documents.

Guest Kels2004

If I remember right, it was more like July when we received them (but I could be wrong). Don't worry - there is nothing much to do before September! All the info on stethoscopes, books, immunizations, etc will be in there, but so much gets done the first week, I wouldn't sweat it for now!

Kelsey

Guest uchiha itachi

I will be away in July for vacation. Does anyone know what is in the registration package?? Is there some sort of registrating matter that i need to attend to, some sort of deadline? I won't be back till mid-august, so should i ask UBC to send me the package earlier?

Guest kakashifan

i'm not sure when they're going to send it.. but you can check if they received all that you sent by logging into the application page. they will have entered in what they received and when they received it.

Guest liz80

They also updated my status with "offer accepted" today, after I brought in all of my stuff last Monday. So I'm guessing it's pretty firm. Do you guys see the same thing on your sites?

hi guys,

i saw the same "offer accepted" and a checklist of what's received. i didn't see a 300$ cheque mentioned in my list. Do you guys see anything on your message area other than 'offer accepted' and a check list?

thanks... i'm kinda worry 'cuz i handed in 2 cheques, yet, there's only 1 mentioned.

tea

Guest oliver5

Mine doesn't say they recieved my 300 cheque either... also they didn't change my thing from offer to offer accepted - is this the same for other pple? But I do have that updated list ?!

Guest mitchie41

The $300cheque should be there under "Acceptance Deposit"

which is above the Message Window.

On my window, it shows that they've recieved everything, except my updated transcripts don't show up. Does anyone know if their transcripts are noted on the message window???

Guest thatuvicguy

Hey guys,

Good eye Mitchie - I was wondering about that missing $300 money order myself and didn't even notice that heading. With regards to transcripts, mine are noted however they initially said SFU until I let them know that they were actually UVic. I suspect that they've got lots going on and they might fail to make a note every once and a while so maybe send them an email with your query, especially if your transcripts were sent directly by the school through the mail as mine were. I have had some bad luck with the postal service this year and am less confident in their reliability (I send anything important by ExpressPost now). They got back to me by email within 2 days. If you dropped off or mailed everything together in one big envelope then I wouldn't sweat it if your transcripts aren't noted.

Cheers,

thatuvicguy

Guest TKP 123

I submitted mine yesterday at 4pm, and haven't seen anything updated yet (can't see offer accepted, etc....)

dunno how long it takes them to update after receiving.

also, how long does it take for you guys to see the documents list updated online after you have submitted your documents?

Thanks,

TKP

Guest oliver5

I called the office and they are still updating everything, they had only posted part of my stuff and the rest is coming apparently?? anyways fyi

Guest koca

My 2 official transcripts were noted to be "received" in the same msg line as the others.

Maybe you wanna call and check?

but if your status says offer accepted, I'm sure it's just an oversight in updating your msg. ^^

Guest undecided

I sent mine by Priority post and the tracking program said that it was signed for on Wed Morning (25) and it is still not showing on my log-in. I wrote the office and this is the reply:

"Your patience is appreciated. The Online Application Form will acknowledge receipt.

Admissions Office"

I guess that they are swamped and going as fast as they can. I just worry about things getting lost and when it is so important like this...

Trying to be patient and have faith in the mail (I wish that I was able to just drop everything off in person.)

Obviously now "decided" - Sandy:)

Guest TKP 123

that's what's showing online in my screen:

Acceptance Deposit: Received

Application Status: Offer Accepted

Messages: 27May2005 - Signed response to offer form; completed application for registration with the CPSBC; two copies of completed application for the criminal records check and a processing fee of $20 cheque rec'd. /m

The Admission clerk this year is pretty efficient.

TKP

Guest mitchie41

Hey TKP 123: Did you hand in any transcripts with your forms?

My screen says the exact same thing as yours, but my transcripts don't show up yet.

Also, does anyone know what the admissions office means by "Offer Accepted"? Does it mean that they have EVERYTHING they want from you and are ready to take you in? or does it mean you just handed in your acceptance deposit and the signed response form?

Guest TKP 123

Hi, for me, I don't have to hand in my transcripts because I haven't taken any course since Sept 04.

mitchie, I think once it says offer accepted, and other docs listed, then it means they have collected all your stuff.

I am not too sure if that includes transcripts also.

TKP

Guest undecided

I know that my forms/money-order got there on Wed and my transcripts today ( I love internet tracking) and they still have not updated the fact that they have received anything. I hope that they do before the weekend or I will worry.

Sandy:(

Guest natman

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else had to give someone else the authority to sign their acceptance for them?

I'm having issues getting the original signed form sent to the office. How much would it suck to lose a spot because of these kind of technicalities?

Natman

Guest TKP 123

Natman,

I remember that you need to call the office to ask if someone can sign it for you. I am not sure if you need to do that through writing.

Call the office for sure about that before you do it.

TKP

Archived