Premed 101 Forums

Laptops to class/school?

Guest Katie MB

Guest Katie MB

Hi All,

So for grad my parents are buying me a laptop and in the process of buying a laptop, I really need to know what I'll be using it for. Are there many people that use a laptop in class or is it kind of like undergrad where few people actually do this? Do some people use PDA's with keyboards instead? My debate is I can pay the price to get a bigger screen and more desktop like version if I will not be lugging it around as much or I can pay the price to get a shrunken version with a smaller screen/keyboard and have it light weight to bring to class/library etc. I would really appreciate anyones input. Also, if anyone has found a phenomenal deal or knows of a great laptop/PDA I would love to hear about it.

Thanks, Katie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1117551300</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>$$$</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>oliver5</username>

<dateline>1116610320</dateline>

<title>$$$</title>

<pagetext>Alright so now I'm starting to think about paying for med school and budgeting etc. and I was wondering what all you guys were planning/thinking about doing.

These are my thoughts:

I'm trying to avoid getting a student loan/LOC but to do that it means I have to work during the school - I know lots of pple that have done this in 1st year med and I did throughout my undergrad but it adds pressure?!

I'm going to live in Vancouver prob Kits with a friend and I'm thinking a budget of $1000/month may be feasible - $500 to rent and $500 to food/ entertainment etc.

Hoping to cut the cost of textbooks by getting used ones - and not getting any of the recommended ones (I'm assuming they are all available in the library)

Still will be short $$$ some hoping to pick up some money through scholarships but without applying for a student loan I won't qualify for any based on financial need....so don't know that I can count it???

Alright comments? What do you think am I going to be eating mr. noodles every day :) ? I'm going to go for a meeting with Rosemary to go over it in detail but if any current meds can comment on the feasibility of getting cheap texts etc that would be great!

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived