Premed 101 Forums

I got accepted!!!!

Guest me maniac

Guest me maniac

Yipee-kiyay! :rollin

I received a big fat envelope today! Whew! that's a load off my mind! This is my second year applying. I have not changed my application at all from last year - I haven't even been in school, just working full-time. Last year, my scores were 25/25 (academic) and 18/25 (ec's). My interview was 69th percentile (but still good enough to be in the top 1/3 of the applicant pool). Don't know what my scores are this year. I attribute my not getting in last year to two things: the infamous ubc "fudge factor", and the fact that ubc likes second-time applicants.

Soapyslicer,

I guess that anat book is going to come in handy after all!

me

Guest not rex morgan

Congrats. If you've won the adoration of Soapy, you must be a good person. I talked to her tonight, actually. So what's the story with this anatomy book?

Guest me maniac

not rex,

Thanks.

I don't know about the adoration part, but soapy and I "met" last year on this forum and have phoned/email/met each other ever since. She's great.... now if only UBC could see the wisdom of accepting their own TA's, especially one with as much medical experience as her (it's that fudge factor thing again). Soapy, I KNOW YOUR TURN IS COMING!

The anat book I was refering to is an older version of Gray's (I think) that soapy lent me when we met up in Van when I came there for my interview. Did you think she'd give me anything else ;) ?

I hope when you talked to her tonight she knew I got in. I haven't had a chance to phone her yet (too much family/friends calling today!)

Soapy,

I'm still trying to hold out for Calgary! Do you think I'm nuts?!!

me

Guest green

Congratulations on your acceptances!

Could you please let me know when the final date is that you have to reply by in order to accpet your offer at UBC med.

The reason I ask is because I have been waitlisted, and look forward to that date.

Congrats once again!

Guest kslee

Hello there Green,

the response to offer package is due June 13th - being on the waitlist definitely does suck - I know someone who was accepted a week before class, and it was a nightmare...but on the bright side of things, you at least still have a chance! ;)

hope this helps, and best of luck!

Kslee

Guest soapyslicer

Hi maniac,

Well done!!!!!!!!! I think I would be holding out too but hey, at least if it doesn't work out you still have UBC. Tried to call last night but just got busy signals....wanted to add my congrats to the list. Do you know the date that people must reply or submit their deposit for calgary? Too bad you couldn't hook up with some of the class to find out what the average intake off the wl is.

Call me when things settle down.

Soapy

Guest xanth

Hi,

I was accepted at U of C and UBC. U of C people have to submit a deposit and signed form within 30 days of May 9. But it is my understanding that you can withdraw your acceptance afterwards (but you lose your deposit). I think some people may do this.

UBC deadline is June 13.

Guest Pathfinder83

Hello everyone,

I just thought of putting up the post to thank everyone on this forum for being a great guide throughout this admissions process. I'm so happy I made it this year after failing last year! I wish the best of luck to everyone else and Congratulations to those who have already been accepted to UBC or any other school! Enjoy your summer!

Archived