Premed 101 Forums

UBC Package

Guest kslee

Guest kslee

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has received the registration package from UBC yet? I've been on vacation, and just got back - they probably won't send them till after June 13th when the response to offers are due?

thanks! :)

Guest Pucca81

Hi, I called last Friday and was told that they are waiting to hear back from all the successful applicants by June 13th and THEN, plan to send the packages out. I can't wait to get it either~~!

Patience.. patience... yet again....

Guest tinee007

In the package they sent today (if you didn't get it yet, I'm sure it'll come soon since it was post-marked as june 6th), they say the package should be received around mid-July.

Guest kslee

I also received the mini-package today (I saw it poking out of my mailbox as i was heading out) thanks for your input on this...I hope both of you are enjoying your summer!

Guest tinee007

Hello,

The mini-package is pretty small...it just has 3 things:

1. letter from ubc confirming receipt of $300

2. mini-magazine/catalog about ubc and what it has to offer as a school...

3. admissions personal info form required for the admin to get you access to register for classes when the time comes...

THAT'S IT! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest me maniac

I just received a letter from Joy stating that I forgot to send in my pictures for the College of Physicians application. I have now (inadvertently) packed up the paper work for UBC (yeah, I'm moving and I'm living out of a box for a month!). Could anyone tell me what size/kind of picture they want? (ie. colour, b/w, etc). I'm assuming they just want a normal passport type picture, but I just want to double check.

Thanks.

Soapy,

Get that theisis finished!!!!!! Hopefully will talk to you in early August (in case I don't go to Calgary). We are going to be on vacation for three weeks starting the 13th. One week in Disneyland for the kids, and two weeks in Mexico to get over the Disney rush.

talk to you soon.

me

Guest tinee007

Hi,

When I submitted my photos for the application to BC College and Physicians, I just went to a local passport photo-taking shop. I took 2 color photos. Also, I got the US sized passport photos which are smaller than the Canadian sized passport photos. I'm not sure it matters though. They haven't contacted me about any problems so I'm sure it's okay.

Guest soapyslicer

Hi me,

Great idea for the getaway. Did you give up on the Shuswap or did you just decide to go big!!!!

Sitting here making sure my references etc are correct before I hand it in. Scheduled for defense July 25!!!!! Yahhhhhhhhh

Have fun down south, would love to do the same in August. Have been checking the prices, did you get a good deal somewhere?

Soapy

Guest me maniac

Tinee,

Thanks for the advice. I will go get those pix taken tomorrow.

Soapy,

We gave up on the Shuswap because everything we looked at was 1000 per week. We figured we could spend a bit more and go further!

We checked out the last minute specials and yes, there were some sweet deals. We originally wanted to go to Tulum which is on the Carribean side of Mexico, however the price for the east coast is about 3000 more than the west coast. The last minute special dates didn't coincide with our needs (we have to be back in town on the August long weekend for a wedding), so we finally decided to make our own package and incorporate Disneyland into our stopover at LAX on our way down to Peurto Vallarta. So, we've got a week in LA, and two in P.V. The kids are getting excited! (the big kids (us) too!).

Talk to ya when I get back!

me

Guest soapyslicer

Hi me,

have you book a hotel. We stayed in a place called the Candy cane inn while we were there in Feb and it was excellent. Great rooms, great price and just down the street from the front gate. Kids could easily walk it even when they were tired. It does have a shuttle though. Call me if you have not booked a hotel as I have the number. Of course feel free to call anyways, we had a blast there but I have lots of ideas to make it easier on you if you haven't been there before.

soapy

Guest physiology

Haha...the nostalgia of that hotel name slowly overpowers me!

Anyway, I always stayed there as a kid whenever my family and I went to Disneyland in Anaheim.

It was great. Fun times - The 3 hour line-up for Splash Mountain was worth it :)

Guest soapyslicer

Physiology,

It really is a great hotel! When my husband told me the name I had visions of some tacky alpine hotel with candy canes hanging everywhere. Nothing could be further from the truth. We went at the end of Jan with our two kids and had a blast. Only one line up over 5 mins and that was on Soaring over California because one of the rooms was down. We waited a whole 10 mins. We would get off California screaming and run back to the line and just walk back onto the ride. My kids just made all the height requirments so we all went together. I would love to go back again this year.

soapy

Guest physiology

Soapyslicer,

Yah - I remember the hotel being pink or orange, and there was a cheesey, big, candy cane outside, but clean, affordable, and GREAT location.

We chilled out in that pool on numerous occasions. It just got so hot in Disneyland, we couldn't take it. I'll fail as a snowbird when I grow up and wrinkle :)

But, the monorail is great eh? I hope that's what the RAV is gonna be like. We rode it so often, that we memorized what the automated voices would say over the PA. (We repeated them just like the automated voice, in English and Espanol!)

Do they still have that stupid joke about finding your car in the HUGE parking lot?

Did you go to Knotsberry Farm? They have the BEST ride there. THE SUPREME SCREAM. I had the best view of Orange County up there. I think we were like 500 feet in the air - and then, the inevitable....stomach-in-your-mouth PLUNGE, as we all lay victim to gravity's inescapable grasp.

They also have these ribs that are REAL good, and the garlic bread they served...it was literally soaked in garlic butter. It was SOGGY when they served it...but DAMN, it was good.

Anyway - the fervor of the moment has gotten to me, and my fingers just went through this diarrheal blitz!

Cheers,

Physiology

Archived