Premed 101 Forums

Predictions for this year?

Guest McCarey007

Guest McCarey007

Does anyone have any predictions as to how many applicants UBC will receive this year and the score one will need to achieve in order to receive an interview? Just thinking about this makes me nervous :rolleyes

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

If anyone was to post anything at this point, it would all be entirely speculative, so try not to think/worry yourself with it. Instead, why not channel your efforts towards giving that UBC application a good sheen! :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest McCarey007

haha...Deep down, I think I wanted some one to tell me that applications will sky rocket so I will get worried. I'm one of those people who has to get worried before I actually do my best. Comes with the territory of being a pessimist. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soapyslicer

Hi,

I agree with Kirsteen! The average for interview for residents has been 32-34/50 over the last several years. I think we can expect the same. The best part is the extra room you get in the online application to make yourself shine.:rollin

Soapy

Guest coastal79

I'm guessing that the cutoff will be lower this year. Instead of having multiple interviews, this year there will just be one interview by a panel. I was told over 600 people would be interviewed this year.

Guest soapyslicer

Hi Coastal,

Who knows!! Their policy to date has been 2.5 times the number of seats. If they stick to that it will be somewhere around 450. Sure will be interesting to see. I think they are planning to interview over 4-5 days in March. Even with multiple panels they may have problems doing 600. Of course 450 will be no picnic either. Exciting times....where oh where is my Zanax.....:rollin

:rollin

Soapy

Archived