Premed 101 Forums

victoria med

Guest ethan

i recently heard rumor of a med school developing at uvic. come to think of it, i may have read something along these lines in a post somewhere discussing the physician shortages in bc and the inability to significantly increase current md enrollment at ubc.

does anyone have any information in this regard?

-ethan

a quick search turned up some good information on the uvic island medical program.

web.uvic.ca/imp

its not a new school rather a distance training program based out of ubc. a similar program is planned for unbc as well.

ethan

Guest Ian Wong

There's been some discussion regarding this expansion of the UBC medical school program (which is slated to have its first entering class in 2004) in the UBC forum. I'm going to move this thread out of the General Premed forum into the UBC forum...

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Guest nursingstudentKyle

Yes I too was interested in finding out more about the IMP. I contacted UBC about it, but they weren't willing to talk about admissions or anything related to the IMP until mid feb they say. They said that they are still revising and finalizing the program and could offer more information if i called back in feb. so i'll let you know what they have to say when i talk to them!

ethan, are you interested in going to school or working on the island??

i'm not particularly interested in the ubc program (and as an oop applicant would not have a great chance at making it there anyway) but would consider working in the area. i was just curious as to what the program was all about having heard nothing but rumors previously.

you?

-ethan

Archived