Premed 101 Forums

Decided where to live yet?

Guest nutmeshell

Guest nutmeshell

Any acceptees decided where they're going to live for first year while at UBC?

I've applied for on-campus, but I'm still considering Kits or elsewhere. I'm just curious if anyone has made any decisions yet.

Also, anyone going to try to meet classmates to party before classes start?

Guest sb11

hey nutmeshell...

I am going to be coming down to van (i live up in north central bc) to look for a place to live in early July.. Right now i would consider living in Kits, point grey or kerrisdale.. i am just hoping to find something that has a bit of space and isn't to dark. Right now I am not sure if I will be living by myself of looking for a roomate..

As for meeting med students before school starts, I would if the opportunity was there.. heck if you want to go grab a beer when i am down that would be cool..

anyone else out there thinking they will have to find a roomie?

Steve

Guest Ian Wong

I've got an article written by a UBC med student who gradded this year regarding tips on finding housing. It's in MS Word format. There's a UBC thread floating about regarding housing around here somewhere as well. If you want it, send me an e-mail at: mdpremie@yahoo.com

As far as meeting some of your classmates ahead of time, I think the guys at Western did that last year, and from the sounds of it, probably will be doing it again this year. Could be interesting to put some names to faces, but you'll have lots of opportunities during Orientation and first term to do this regardless. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived