Premed 101 Forums

Acceptances

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi all,

From those of you who have received UBC acceptances in the past, what form do they take? With respect to the interview invitations, for example, all of the materials were sent via e-mail. Does UBC send out a paper acceptance as well as an electronic one? As to the paper acceptance, was it a massive or wee package/envelope?

Next question for those of you who've gone through this, and most especially for you successful out-of-province applicants, when did you receive your acceptance letter? Was it posted via regular mail, registered, expresspost...?

(Can you tell that some of us are beginning to sweat the small stuff?!)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Ian Wong

In 1999, it was a pretty thin paper envelope. No phone calls nor emails beforehand. I received it at the end of May/beginning of June, and it was sent via regular mail. I'm sure things have probably since evolved, at least with respect to when you receive the notification.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest not rex morgan

I got a thin envelope last May. 8th..ish. It said, sorry chump, no room for you, but we'd be pleased to put you on the waitlist. I heard about three days after acceptances were due. I think they gave people a month to accept other offers, and meet with their committees if they were in grad school. When I got the final acceptance, it was in a nice big manilla envelope. I heard md/phd acceptances came out earlier last year. The phd part came out first, and you had to assume the md people were following suit.

Archived