Premed 101 Forums

I'm in!!!

Guest bigbits99

Guest bigbits99

Folks,

I received the call yesterday from the md/phd office, and UBC medicine has accepted me!! i am elated, to say the least. good luck to you still waiting. i was told that the MD adcom has already met, and decisions have been made. try to maintain a positive outlook as the wait continues (mid-May I was told for the traditional MD applicants). good luck.

cheers.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey bigbits99,

Very well done, you must be bouncing off the walls! It was the MD/PhD office that called you? Who was it that heralded the good news? Did they mention when the acceptance from the MD office should be coming through for you?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest BCgirl

Congratulations! :D

It's too bad us regular MD applicants still have to wait a month if they've already decided... oh well, I guess if I found out now (either way) it would mess up my exams... at least that's how I'm trying to make the wait less brutal :)

Kirsteen: I really hope you get some good news soon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you (and me too ;) ).

Guest Kirsteen

Hey BCgirl,

Cheers for that shot in the arm--me too, I hope we ALL get some fabbo news shortly. Nothing on this end yet. Bigbits99's news, however wonderful, makes me scratch my head a little given the Admission Office's feedback this week. Och well, maybe the Admissions Committee is simply mega-speedy!

Never thought I'd appreciate exams and deadlines as much as I do now--WHAT a fabulous set of diversions they make.

Ciao,

Kirsteen

Guest bigbits99

Hey all,

thanks for the well wishes. i received the call from dr. chow, and the letter dated april 10 was faxed to me today. i was told that it had already been mailed. the md offer comes under separate cover, since there is a lot of university specific forms and info accompanying it. from what i understand from the md office, regular offers will be mailed likely in the first week of may.

unlike you folks, i havent any exams to worry about, only my bloody thesis to write and defend. but like one of you wrote earlier, this is a really nice distraction.

good luck again to all

Guest Kirsteen

Hey bigbits99,

Well done again. Do you mind if I ask, what topic your thesis surrounds? Also, will you be pursuing that line of research for your PhD?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest bigbits99

hello Kirsteen,

my MSc focuses on a set of transcription factors called nuclear hormone receptors and their role in monocyte biology and inflammation with an application to atherosclerosis.

To answer your question about PhD study, in all likelihood, no... i will not continue in this area... need to branch out and learn something new... see what first year meds opens up.

have any other would-be MD/PhDers heard anything yet?

cheers,

Mark

Archived