Premed 101 Forums

Who is in Adcom?

Guest Jimbo

Guest Ian Wong

Lots of people. Their identities generally aren't widespread knowledge, but include UBC Med faculty, clinical faculty, and a pair of med students.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Would I be wrong in assuming that most of the interviewers would also be in the admissions committee?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest BCgirl

Hi Kirsteen,

I don't know about the MD/PhD interviews, but for the MD interviews the interviewers are part of the Admissions Selection Committee, according to the info in the interview email:

"You will have two interviews, lasting between 30 and 45 minutes each, with two members of the Admissions Selection Committee. The Admission Selection Committee is a broad-based committee that includes representation from outside UBC, from other universities, from the Basic Science Faculty, and from the practicing physician community."

Good luck with exams everyone! :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

I came to the above conclusion as, for some reason, both my interviewers left me feeling that they were on the admissions committee.

Something to ponder: if interviewers were not on the admissions committee, what would be the point of allowing them later access to our files if they are supposed to generate scores for us based on our interviews only?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived