Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview Prep

Guest BCgirl

Hi everyone :)

For those of you who have interviewed at UBC (or another med school too), what do you recommend for interview prep? Since I don't live in BC right now, I'm pretty much out of the loop concerning current events in BC. Does anyone know of a good website for that? I've tried what used to be the BCTV website (it's Global now?) - any other suggestions? Also, any suggestions for medical ethics websites and medically/BC related issues?

Thanks a lot! Good luck to everyone applying :)

Guest Ian Wong

The interviews forum has a message at its top with some good ethics websites. As far as BC news goes, I wouldn't know where to go on-line. I would think that knowing more about worldly news (especially in the turmoil that is apparent now) would be a higher yield for your time investment, not to mention more useful knowledge overall.

Reading a newspaper daily is great as well; I wish I still had time to do that.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest not rex morgan

I'd check out the BC Medical association web page for those bc/med topics. They have an "in the news section." As far as BC politics, I didn't really get asked anything about it. I also heard they shy away from asking about politics b/c they could be accused of picking political sides etc... Take that advice, as you take all advice, with a grain of salt. It's not official, but it makes sense. As for ethics, I've heard of some people who were asked to talk about any topic other than abortion and euthanasia. I was asked about both. Prepare them, plus a few others. When I say prepare, I mean think about the issues, like you should always be doing, but kind of work out an outline in your head as you will be nervous. Ian is right, definitey prepare world news. You most definitely will either ask it, or bring it up yourself. Good luck.

i would think that for sure U would want to be able to demonstrate that U know your BC current events, Especially if your from out of province; show the interviewers that you have an interest in the province that you are attempting to get your med degree in. The numbers are kinds stacked against an OOPer so you should do your best to show them (interviewers) that you care about the BC healthcare system as much as your ave. BC resident does.

good luck.

Archived