Premed 101 Forums

UA/UBC English

Guest arcticaguy

Guest arcticaguy

Hi,

Does any one know if UBC or UA will accept courses other than English for their English requirement? I only have 3 credits in English and am already overloading next year. I do have lots of courses with a lot of expository writing, if that's what they're looking for.

Or, although they say that you need to have taken the pre-reqs before the end of April/May (I'm not sure when exactly), Will it be satisfactory if I showed them proof of registration for a spring session course, ie. post deadline time.

Thanks in advance.

Guest UofA man

For the UofA englsih requirement, it must be an English course, however the writing course may be considered. You must get it approved by the UofA english department. To do so get in contact with the Faculty of medicine admissions office and they will tell you what to submit and will take it fronm there. As for courses taken in spring seesion the Marks must be in about mid June I believe, even they are many of the seats for the class are filled so that may not be a good idea.

Guest Ian Wong

Like UofA Man said, contact UBC directly. They are the best placed to answer your question, because ultimately they will be the ones to either accept it or reject it. Nothing that anyone online here can say or do will change that.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived