Premed 101 Forums

BHsc at U of Ottawa

Guest One Of Shemps Kids

Guest One Of Shemps Kids

Hey, guys. This is the school that i've accepted my offer from this coming fall. I just want to know how highly regarded it is, and what I steps I should take to success while starting off in my first year in regards to MCAT acceptances and future med school acceptances.

Guest leviathan

I probably felt the same way you did before starting first year, but let me tell you now that you're jumping the gun a bit. Relax, enjoy university, and try to squeeze some studying in there from time to time. Join a volunteer group that interests you, play sports, do things that you have fun with. Refer to the numerous other threads if you want, but nobody cares what degree you graduate with or activities you participated in, as long as you did well in it and you can show enthusiasm in what you learned. The most important factor is having a *genuine* passion in what you do, no matter what it is. If you major in something you're not interested in, participate in activities you don't enjoy, and do volunteer work you dislike, all because you think it's what the admissions commitees want to see, it will actually make your application look worse because they'll see right through you. Soo to summarize, just try to have fun and enjoy your undergrad, and if medicine is for you, the pieces will fall together when the time comes.

Archived