Premed 101 Forums

Rejections

Guest Anon

Guest Anon

I haven't heard anything yet from UBC. Does that mean it is a rejection? Has anyone received a rejection yet? I'm just really nervous because it seems that the acceptances and waitlists are all being received, with the rejections coming last.

help

Nope. They sent some acceptances, waitlists and rejections. Its entirely random process. You could get an acceptance anytime until the 15th. Dont give up yet.

Guest tones

after reading your e-mail I have to agree... maybe they're doing people who "have" their bachelors already. I'm not doing a masters or phd but I do have my undergrad degree..

tones

Guest cici

Hi everyone,

I'm really nervous too, cos' it seems that many people have at least received something from UBC last week, but I still haven't heard from UBC (and I live in Vancouver too, so the mail should arrive quite quickly). Could someone tell me whether UBC will send out acceptances first, then rejections? If I still haven't heard from them next week, does it mean that my chances are slim?

Sorry for sounding so paranoid but I'm just too nervous to wait any longer!

Guest vader

I am also worried. If anyone has heard of someone getting a rejection letter please post (or if not please also post. All I have heard is the people getting accepted that have posted on this website.

Guest UBCmed2005

Whether its rejection, acceptance, or waitlist, you will find out most probably find out on monday!! the 15th. Acceptances are still going out and so are rejections. So no news is just no news!!

BTW, I received my acceptance on thursday and a friend of mine received it on wednesday!.

Guest cici

Thanks a lot UBCmed2005! I'm just too worried about when I'll receive something from UBC. This weekend is indeed a long one for me......I hope that I'll receive my letter on Monday then......

Guest Ian Wong

Sh*tty luck folks. It really sucks getting a rejection letter. Hopefully, you can find out what you need to build up some more in your application if you re-apply to UBC next year. I'm assuming that you guys are still in the running for other Canadian med schools? If so, best of luck.

Ian

UBC, MS2

Archived