Premed 101 Forums

UBC information sessions

Guest dave

Guest Ian Wong

Hey all,

I'm sorry I wasn't around on Friday night for the sessions, but another meeting came up that I couldn't miss. Are there any more scheduled sessions, or any other events planned for the interviewees? I'm not quite in the loop any more as most of my time is spent around the hospitals right now.

Ian

UBC, MS2

the session was geared towards the OOPS and presenters talked about vanc and its attractions. then, there were presentations about financial aid and the curriculum. if you have done your hwk on the school, then none of the info given up to this pt is new. then dr. bates talked about the admin process. ~320 applicants will be interviewed until the end of march for 128 spots. she stressed that everything is random - even the date of your interview. ie. jan interviewees did not necessarily receive a higher file review score than later interviewees. despite emails saying that offers will be made as early as mid-april, dr. bates said that the adcom is aiming for beginning of may. also, she noted that last year's last offer of admission was the day before classes. any comments?

Guest Jase133

I'd like to add something.

I thought that when Dr. Bates added how they selected people, there was a certain degree of subjectiveness to how they chose.

They also curved each interviewer's marks. Ie. If you had a easy interviewer, your mark will be curved accordingly.

Archived