Premed 101 Forums

UBC MED REGISTRATION

Guest ubCMED2005

Guest ubCMED2005

Hi Ian:

I am having trouble registering to first year med through internet. The service center does not even indicate that i am in first year med.....it still shows BSc. how did you register in the standard timetable....?

Anyone else in similar situation?

Kathryn

Guest Ian Wong

I moved this to the UBC forum, where other incoming UBC'ers would most likely see it. As it stands, I tried registering into Med 3 yesterday and today, and the UBC server was down both times, and wouldn't let me complete the registration (although I was able to log in and check my marks and fees, etc).

Don't worry about it. This problem is almost certainly intrinsic to UBC itself, and not the medical school. You have about as much chance of not being here in the fall as I do of repeating second year med (shudder!). :)

By the way, congrats on your acceptance! :hat If you've got some free time, please drop me an e-mail, as I've got a project that I'd like your help with. mdpremie@yahoo.com

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest Lancet

Hey there,

There must be a problem with the system because I registered on Monday and it was pretty basic. All you have to do is go to "register" and there should be an option for 1st year med. Then just add the code for the standard timetable and that's all there is to it.

Since we already paid the $300 deposit you don't even have to pay the $100 first.

After you register, check the "fees" to be sure that things worked out.

Guest derelik

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well. The Fees section indicates that I have paid the $300 deposit, however, when I try to register it says that I am not eligible for the Med I standard time table. Hopefully all will be sorted out soon.

Guest ubcmed2005

I did not even have an option for first year med; my eligibility still shows registration for 4th year BSc..?!?! I dont know but i am sure its going to be straightened out pretty soon.

Guest Ian Wong

I just successfully registered for my Med 3 program at about 2130 tonight. It still took a few tries, which suggests to me that the software is still a little buggy, but on checking back after the registration itself, UBC seems to know I'll be here for the fall now.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest not rex morgan

I didn't even know we had to register now. I haven't received a package yet. I was on the waitlist, though. When did everybody get their packages?

Guest ubcmed2005

i was successfully able to register after two days of attempts! if you are having difficulties, I suggest you contact Mr. Neil Parker of Student affairs. He is very nice and would be able to help you with whatever problems you are facing in registering for first year med.

See you soon,

UBCmed2005

Guest Ian Wong

Neil rocks! He's quite possibly the most organized and helpful person on this entire planet. Unfortunately, he goes on holidays for a week or two starting on Monday, if I remember correctly.

I'm getting a little confused by the nicknames people are using. Is there only one ubcmed2005 posting, or are multiple people using this name? Either way, if you're going to UBC med this fall, please send me an e-mail. mdpremie@yahoo.com I've got a project that I'd like your help with.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest ubcdmd2005

tones and derelik

Just curious where you guys are running into problems during registration. I registered yesterday and had no problems. Is it not showing your eligibility for MD or is it not working once you enter the standard timetable number? Make sure you click on "Add STT" and not "Add Course".

Guest derelik

Hi there,

Well it seems that the problem has been fixed. I tried this morning and now my file says that I am eligible for the MD program and allows me to add the STT. Finally - I'm registered!!!

Derelik

Guest medsera

It should work...eventually. I had that same problem last week, but I was finally able to register on Saturday. I guess if it continues like that, you should contact the Registrar's Office?

Umm... is anyone else having the same prob as me?

I'm in a grad program and haven't defended yet so I am still in the masters program.

Do we "switch programs" or do we wait til after defence to register?? Anyone had any luck with this?

Archived